7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Tablet Install on 2009 Maxima with Amber Screen

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Tablet Install on 2009 Maxima with Amber Screen

I've read tons of threads trying to figure out how to put a tablet in my 7th gen Maxima and not one thread showed this simple install I came up with. Everyone else's attempts were far fetched and came out like **** or somewhat decent. Hopefully my install will inspire some of you, if not all, that are looking to make our Max's that much better and not have to spend tons of money and tons of hours relocating, cutting wires, utilizing glove box and whatever else all these geniuses came up with.

I took the faceplate off the factory head unit as well as the side mounting brackets and slid the head unit back and mounted it as I saw fit. This gave me enough room for the new Metra face plate and Nexus 7 tablet. Some double sided tape, angled aux and micro USB to cigarette lighter and bam there you have it folks, tablet interface with factory steering wheel controls working just like factory. Nothing factory was lost in this install except for the fact that you can touch your factory stereo, and who touches that thing anyway if you have steering wheel controls. Anyways EASY DOES IT. No more depressed days looking at that Amber screen wishing you had the tech package.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by HizAndHerz; 06-16-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Very nice look and a great idea. I chose to install a pioneer 1330NEX down there, which is fine, but half of the orange screen on top between the vents is useless when going with aftermarket stereo, so now I'm trying to find a way move the havc orange screen up there to down lower. If I can achieve that, then I'll be able to mount a tablet up top to hopefully use for navigation (mirror from pioneer??).