7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Trading her in......

Old 04-26-2017, 10:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Trading her in......

For ether a 2016 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR
or a 2017 Nissan Sentra turbo manual transmission loaded.

Any suggestions other than don't trade her in?
Old 05-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Banned

Land Rover
Old 05-02-2017, 05:28 PM
Administrator

You need to tell us way more than that.....like why are you unhappy with the Max? What features/things are you looking for/important to you?

W/o more info, I'd say go for one of these:

or

Old 05-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Loved my Max but it was making a knocking noise from the engine, worse at certain times than at others and I was worried, to be frank. I use my car for a living and I was worried that something was wrong internally. The dealer said that he couldn't duplicate the noise, which is B.S. You would have to be brain dead not to hear it and I was without an extended warranty. I eventually purchased an aftermarket warranty but when you add up the cost of the warranty and the monthly cost of the car, I could be driving a new car. Like most of my purchases, it was spontaneous, I went to the dealer with the idea of buying a new Maxima but my credit and finances wouldn't allow for that. After visiting several dealers I fell in love with a Nissan Altima 3.5SR, it just ended up being a 2016 wit 56 miles on it rather than a 2017 model, which I can live with since there were no changes made anyway. it fit my budget and in 2 days the deal was done. thankfully the engine noise from my maxima didn't rear its ugly head to the appraiser or he jus wasn't looking for it. So yes I will miss my Max, which drove strong, had killer looks and lights but she was replaced with what I would consider choice 1A, a nice rare sleeper indeed.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:38 PM

What are you looking for in your potential car? I want to trade mine in too but for different reasons...Growing family...
BUT, if it wasn't for another child I would want either a Lexus GS or Acura RL, obviously not new because it would be out of the range your looking for.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by SR20Power
What are you looking for in your potential car? I want to trade mine in too but for different reasons...Growing family...
BUT, if it wasn't for another child I would want either a Lexus GS or Acura RL, obviously not new because it would be out of the range your looking for.
What I want and what I can afford are two different things. I want a Corvette Z06. But I've already been fortunate enough to own a Corvette C5 convertible at age 29 for 7 years and a 2006 Corvette Z06 for another 5 years. I'm determined to own one again in the near (or far lol) future. My dream car.....I'm not asking too much I think.

Search this Thread