7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler Delete Axle-Back?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 05:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Muffler Delete Axle-Back?

Hi All,

Just got my hands on a 2014 SV with 70000km on it and am super happy with it so far. Already working on getting the suspension sorted, but one thing I want is a bit more noise out of the exhaust.

I was wondering if anyone made an axle-back kit that just deletes the mufflers? I've seen em on plenty of other cars, just straight pipes with flanges and hangers that bolt up in place of the axle-back. I just haven't been able to find one.

Worst case I'll just get one fabbed up, but from what I've heard/seen the Stillen axle-back doesn't really add that much aggression (And to be honest isn't worth the price).

Any tips? I'm just looking for some more volume. Was hoping I could get rid of the mufflers and keep the resonator so it wouldn't drone.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi there, and I would really like to know about this myself, just got a 2011 and would like to open it up a little, it is so prim and proper that it is actually boring
Old 09-20-2017, 08:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

almost similar question, i have a 2012 nissan maxima, and i want it to sound a little more angrier or meaner i guess, but a lot of people say just get magnaflow. but i dont really want to buy those for now, i was thinking on just deleting my muffler for now and if it isnt loud enough ill get the resonator deleted