7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque Steer Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 02:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Torque Steer Fix?

I'm sure this has been discussed but for some reason this subject doesn't come up in the search.

I was listening to a review on Youtube from Grant Winter on the Nissan Maxima 7th Gen and he said that a rep from Nissan informed him that torque steer issues are corrected with the Sport Package.

Is this true?

If so, what parts need to be replaced to fix the torque steer?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:28 AM

never herd of such a thing, torque steer is the primary wheel spinning faster then the other (limited slip) in front wheel drive it is also the steering so it will pull to one side till the other wheel kicks in and catches up. At least that is how I understand it. Just found this give it a read http://www.aa1car.com/library/torque_steer.htm

Last edited by blackmax14; 06-01-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by blackmax14
never herd of such a thing, torque steer is the primary wheel spinning faster then the other (limited slip) in front wheel drive it is also the steering so it will pull to one side till the other wheel kicks in and catches up. At least that is how I understand it. Just found this give it a read http://www.aa1car.com/library/torque_steer.htm
I have the same understanding of what torque steer is... I'm referring to the Maxima Sport Package that apparently corrects or at least limit significantly torque steer, if its true and if so, what parts would need to be changed on the car.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had some "wobble" in the front end when I would accelerate hard while turning. I also had a squeak in the dash when going over imperfections in the road. I don't notice the wobble or squeak since I installed a front strut tower bar.

I got my strut tower bar from Racingline Performance. http://www.racinglineperformance.com...?idCategory=22
It looks like they don't sell it anymore though. Stillen might have one.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:13 AM

My SV has little to no torque steer. Non sport with tech package. However my Honda Civic Si did. Go figure.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:03 PM

My sport package seems to have minimal torque steer given the power, at least compared to previous FWD vehicles that I have driven. I'm not sure I believe that the sport package has anything to do with minimizing the torque steer though...
Old 06-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the feedback, guys... I don't think the Sport Package has anything to do with torque steer.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:31 PM

Torque steering is bound to happen on fwd cars with high horsepower engine. So that can not be eliminated,unless you have a RWD. So pretty much you're gonna experience some kind of tug with the steering when you step the gas off the line.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
Torque steering is bound to happen on fwd cars with high horsepower engine. So that can not be eliminated,unless you have a RWD. So pretty much you're gonna experience some kind of tug with the steering when you step the gas off the line.
I had torque steer with my '02 Maxima SE, but this 2012 is insane. The torque steer literally pushes the steering wheel out of my hands.

Is it possible that the torque steer is worse with new aggressive tires, i.e. Michelin Premier A/S V100?