7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need input on coilover setup on 20" wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 07:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Need input on coilover setup on 20" wheels

I just bought a 2014 max and my plan is to put bc coilovers on a set of 20's on it. I've read lots of forums trying to get info on specs to make the ride the most comfortable while keeping it safe from damage to the undercarriage. i plan on a 2 1/2" drop so that the tires are not tucked but nice and tight in the wheel wells. I've noticed that the undercarriage is much lower than the outside rocker panels. i also know that a set of 20's will raise the frame up a little higher giving the option for a little deeper drop. that being said i have been looking at the bc br coiler set and I'm thinking about 20x9 at 35 offset up front and 20x10.5 at 40 offset outback. At least thats the set of wheels I'm interested in and thats the only options they have for them. Since i can't personally speak to anyone that has this specific setup its all just an image in my head. My hope is that you guys can give me info on how to plan my setup. So.. here are the questions..... at a 2 1/2 " drop, it should be nice and tight on the tops of tires on 20's with 35 tires correct? what wheel width and offset are the best for front and back at that ride height without hitting the fenders? And also when i order a coilovers what spring load is the best to have set at riding at that height with those wheels? I see that the bc coilovers have adjustable camber plates up front but i also know that when i dropped my acura back in the day it needed a camber kit for the rear. Is that also needed on these maximas? Because i would assume it would be. Then again, thats why I'm here asking questions from the guys who know their **** and i don't. Any information you guys can give would be very helpful. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:54 PM

Upgrade to the swift springs,10k all around.