7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Hello guys and gals new here please help me out here

Old 11-23-2017, 09:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello guys and gals new here please help me out here

Hey,
well I' a new owner to this 2012 maxima owned for about a month now.the question and I know this has been talked about alot here,just didn't want to go through every page to find it.im having a clunking noise on the driver side.very irritating, even over the smallest bumps on smooth roads also.things Ice bought an replaced.
**strut fully assembled brand new
**new lower control A-Arms both sides
**new front motor mount
**new upper passenger side torquer bushing
**new moog sway bar links
** new moog sway bar bushings
I have a new axle that I haven't put on at this time ,along with new hubs.what is this noise I hear an feel at my feet area?? Passenger side is fine it' solid over there but the driver side feels very weak.what can this be guys?please help me out here.whatever it is it' very small to I bet.i just can' put my finger on it.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any help out there at all? Wow!!
Old 12-01-2017, 08:35 AM

Tough to diagnose over the internet. My first thought would have been lower control arms (LCA) but looks like you did that. How is your rear motor mount? If the front was shot for a while it may have stressed the rear and it may need attention. Can you duplicate the noise with your left foot stomped down on the brake car in drive or reverse, and giving it some throttle? That will cause the engine to rock and can expose the engine mount as being the issue.
Could be loose caliper bolts.
Could be a bad "new" part.
A slightly loose axle nut can make a funny noise but not appear to be loose - you might loosen that up and re-torque it, if you have the ability.
Other than that get the car in the air and check everything... wheel nuts, wheel bearings, tie rods, ball joints, control arm bushings, chassis connections, sway bar bushings (you just indicated you did links - the bushings hold the bar to the chassis). Etc.
Sorry that probably wasn't much help....just a lot of ideas you probably already considered.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Did you do the work yourself or have a mechanic do it for you?

Also, have you tried lifting the car up and checking the wheels for play?

Search this Thread