7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

HID vs LED.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

HID vs LED.

Need input on upgrading to either HID or LED. Experiences with either and maybe some places to look. I've scoured ebay and Amazon and have read mixed reviews on both. Looking for something in the 10k to 12k range. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:00 AM

Dude, you "need" to be less vague in your request. Seems like you haven't done much research and just want everyone to unload their brains so you can sift through it (or you could search the forum for common threads). Just gotta be more specific what you are looking to learn, because this topic can go in about 5-7 different directions.

For starters, anything about 8000k you're going to be driving blind at night. 6000 is a good cutoff, realistically anything above that you're losing so much light on the road, it's borderline dangerous. Also, what car are you putting it into? Year, does it have HID projector already, or are you doing Halogens stock. Because that's a whole other topic as to getting the light through the lens.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

How is it being vague asking for people's opinions and experiences?? And I'm posting this in a 7th gen maxima forum... I' m I'm not a rocket scientist but one could assume it's for a 7th gen maxima.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:16 AM

Have you searched the forums for similar related threads? Not just the 7 gen, but the entire forum, these HID conversion discussions have happened on all generations. All my point is, you ask a general question, as if you're the first person to ever ask about HID upgrade in a 7 gen, or moving over to LED's. The topic is all over the board, and many of the threads get very specific as to "hey, I'm considering this brand and color temp, anyone have experience with this or would recommend a better option?" Or even better, some already have write-ups and pictures that may solve all of your queries. It just seems you've done little leg work of your own based on the vague/broadness of your question.