7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

start car engine remotely

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 05:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

start car engine remotely

Hi there

there was a thread talking about how to start the car by pressing the lock 3 times, however as my English is a second language, I got lost.

Could someone please guild me what exactly do I need to purchase to get my car started remotely?

Please note my steering auto lock is modified to ON all times because I had an issue last month that the car won't start, so I had to open the Ignition Switch and press the two buttons and made them ON all times. it just to let you know.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2018, 03:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by max252
Hi there

there was a thread talking about how to start the car by pressing the lock 3 times, however as my English is a second language, I got lost.

Could someone please guild me what exactly do I need to purchase to get my car started remotely?

Please note my steering auto lock is modified to ON all times because I had an issue last month that the car won't start, so I had to open the Ignition Switch and press the two buttons and made them ON all times. it just to let you know.

Thanks
I believe you are talking about a bypass, which is used to add remote start to a car that does not have it installed by the factory.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by IOnlyHufTheGoldSpraypaint
I believe you are talking about a bypass, which is used to add remote start to a car that does not have it installed by the factory.
exactly
Old 01-08-2018, 08:18 PM

It don't have to be factory installed . You can buy the Fortin EVO-NISS unit from Amazon or Ebay. I installed it myself and it took me about 45 mins and works flawlessly. Yes, I am using the factory key fob..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fortin-OEM-...5YDiUX&vxp=mtr

This kit COMES with the Programmer that you need. Two years ago when I purchased mine, you were able to just buy the NISS unit from E-bay already programmed to your car but it seems that isn't an option anymore.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by SR20Power
It don't have to be factory installed . You can buy the Fortin EVO-NISS unit from Amazon or Ebay. I installed it myself and it took me about 45 mins and works flawlessly. Yes, I am using the factory key fob..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fortin-OEM-...5YDiUX&vxp=mtr

This kit COMES with the Programmer that you need. Two years ago when I purchased mine, you were able to just buy the NISS unit from E-bay already programmed to your car but it seems that isn't an option anymore.

Thanks for the help

I just purchased from Amazon $82 + Flash link $50

I heard that its difficult to install it but I will see how it goes

Thanks
Old 01-09-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by max252
Thanks for the help

I just purchased from Amazon $82 + Flash link $50

I heard that its difficult to install it but I will see how it goes

Thanks
It's like $100 with both the Unit and the flash unit on Ebay.. Save yourself the $30 is bucks.

It's not difficult at all. Just have to splice into a couple of wires and everything else is literally plug and play. Follow the instructions to program the FOB and then you will remove the unit (can't remember if you can do this before) and program with the flash unit.