7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Upgrading halogen tail lights to LED

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 06:51 PM

Upgrading halogen tail lights to LED

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded from halogen to LED for the tail lights and if so what brand did you get? Thanks
Old 04-14-2022, 08:56 AM

If you are talking about the marker lights in the taillight assy i used the Sealight T10 leds. It looks more like original and lasts longer. I have to admit I see many a maxima at night with only their combo brake/tail lights on and not the marker lights at the bottom of the tail light assy. I think it looks wrong with out the markers.....I would go so far as to say it bothers me a lot! . Here is what I got from Amazon a few years back (and yes they still work!)

SEALIGHT 194 LED Bulb, T10 LED Bulbs, Super Bright 6000K White, 168 LED Bulb, 2825 W5W LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights, Pack of 10

Old 04-15-2022, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by LtLeary
If you are talking about the marker lights in the taillight assy i used the Sealight T10 leds. It looks more like original and lasts longer. I have to admit I see many a maxima at night with only their combo brake/tail lights on and not the marker lights at the bottom of the tail light assy. I think it looks wrong with out the markers.....I would go so far as to say it bothers me a lot! . Here is what I got from Amazon a few years back (and yes they still work!)

SEALIGHT 194 LED Bulb, T10 LED Bulbs, Super Bright 6000K White, 168 LED Bulb, 2825 W5W LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights, Pack of 10

I've changed all the halogen to LED except the back. I already got the marker bulbs on the way. I'm asking about the brake light/tail light bulb. Not sure what to get. Plus when I look it up not much comes up , especially not which LED replaces the halogen. I put all these LEDs in about a year ago...I also replaced the tag light, halogen headlights to LEDs and their white not that blue color you see everywhere now, fog lights are yellow LEDs too, and the trunk. All I have left are the markers, and all the lights in the tail light assembly. I just bought diesel LEDs for the reverse lights. Look it up. Called Diesel LEDs. They make for cars too. Lol

Last edited by Grady09SV; 04-15-2022 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:38 AM

Great job with the interior setup. Looks great IMHO.
Re the brake lights. Are you talking about the rear light assy that has the brake lamps in it? Pretty sure those are already LED...just like the 3rd brake light in the rear window. I may be entirely off base here but those are soldered to a board. May be a trick getting to them as they are part of the entire rear lamp assy. But perhaps I am confused to which you are talking about (wouldn't be the first time!)

Old 04-15-2022, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by LtLeary
Great job with the interior setup. Looks great IMHO.
Re the brake lights. Are you talking about the rear light assy that has the brake lamps in it? Pretty sure those are already LED...just like the 3rd brake light in the rear window. I may be entirely off base here but those are soldered to a board. May be a trick getting to them as they are part of the entire rear lamp assy. But perhaps I am confused to which you are talking about (wouldn't be the first time!)
. I just assumed the brake lights / tail lights the ones that light up when you press the brake are interchangeable. Not the third brake light. And I'm not sure if they're LED because all the lights of mine are halogen, we're halogen lol, so I assumed they were too. But maybe that's why I can't find them anywhere. They have to be able to come out without having to change the entire tail light assembly. I'm just going to leave them alone. Just change the reverse lights cause they're so dim. Did you look up dieselLEDs.com at the reverse lights they're crazy bright
Old 04-15-2022, 11:27 AM

I have been using Auxito led bulbs in my Ram, so I went on web site and plugged my max in their bulb finder. The brake and taillights are not offered even though they are offered for my Ram. This leads me to believe that the tail/brake lights in 7th gen max's are already led.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:53 PM

The tail lights are already LED, what isn't LED is the reverse lights and the rear blinker lights. The remaining I believe is LED.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by MaximusN8
The tail lights are already LED, what isn't LED is the reverse lights and the rear blinker lights. The remaining I believe is LED.
​​​​​​Thanks for the info. I got these reverse lights. May be a little overkill but the ones in now are no brighter than my cigarette lighter. Lol. Plus I have dark tint. The lights in the pic are reverse l

ights.