7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping side mirror blinkers to sequential on 14 sv

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2023, 01:48 PM

Location: Southeastern Wisconsin, East of Madison, small town of Hustisford
Swapping side mirror blinkers to sequential on 14 sv

Any body change out the stock side mirror blinkers on a 2014 SV to sequential LEDs? I'm sure there's a video somewhere, just curious if there's anyone in here that's actually done it and if just the strips can be popped out and replaced.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:02 PM

I did, just redid them the other day. Not bad at all. You'll have to:
1) Pop off the mirror cover. Be very gentle as it's on there good and easy to chip/break.
2) Unscrew the blinker housing from the mirror. It's on the side where the mirror is. You may have to pop out the mirror but you might be able to reach it if you tilt the mirror all the way in.
3) Unplug and remove the blinker assembly. The lens should come right off. The whole thing is extremely fragile so be cautious.
4) Remove the lights. You just have to be aggressive and rip them out. They're LEDs on a strip board, you can just rip out the whole strip and the connector pins for the wiring.
5) Put in your sequential LED strip. You can either stick it to the housing with double sided 3M tape or just let it rest there, there's not much space for it to move around. I think it's about 6 inches long. Any sequential strip with a positive & negative wire will work.
6) Feed the wires through the hole where the connector pins were. The sequence goes from the wires outward so you want the wire side close to the hole.
7) Cut off the connector on the wiring harness.
8) Connect sequential wires to the vehicle wiring. Solder, splice, etc. Pink to black and orange to red. Check to see if it works, I would just twist the wires together, check, then secure the connection.
9) Reassemble. You can use double sided tape to keep the housing together. Don't screw the housing in too tight as it could break. Ask me how I know.
10) Enjoy your extra 5 horsepower.

I also used some tint film to tint the lens so the LEDs are less visible. They are very bright, much brighter than factory, so don't be afraid to go dark.

Last edited by BlackCrimsonChin; 01-03-2024 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:16 PM

How did you go about removing the mirror cover without any damage, what did you use? Is it held on by little tabs that pop off? I just dumped $600 into a new pair of headlights to have $2200 of customization done to them and don't want to buy/replace my mirrors as well lol. It seems like some pretty thin plastic that will bend/crease/crack if pried with something metal like a screw driver. I have a plastic pry tool for popping off interior light covers, would you suggest something like that? I'm extremely **** when it comes to possible damage to my baby lol, when building a show car unnecessary damage is not my friend 🙃 Thanks for the walk thru tho definitely. I'll have to search for some blinkers now.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by 02maxima76
How did you go about removing the mirror cover without any damage, what did you use? Is it held on by little tabs that pop off? I just dumped $600 into a new pair of headlights to have $2200 of customization done to them and don't want to buy/replace my mirrors as well lol. It seems like some pretty thin plastic that will bend/crease/crack if pried with something metal like a screw driver. I have a plastic pry tool for popping off interior light covers, would you suggest something like that? I'm extremely **** when it comes to possible damage to my baby lol, when building a show car unnecessary damage is not my friend 🙃 Thanks for the walk thru tho definitely. I'll have to search for some blinkers now.
Yeah I used a plastic pry tool. Try and go clip by clip. Start in one of the corners and work your way out.
This is the one I used: Link Your headlight guy could probably do it too and make it look better but obviously this is cheaper.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by BlackCrimsonChin
Yeah I used a plastic pry tool. Try and go clip by clip. Start in one of the corners and work your way out.
This is the one I used: Link Your headlight guy could probably do it too and make it look better but obviously this is cheaper.
Yea... I sent my lights to Toronto to get done up lol. I'm in Wisconsin I'm sure if I'm patient and go slow clip by clip like you say I should be ok.

8k LED Lows and Fogs in daylight

8k LED Highs in daylight

Blue/purple color shift plastics. Pearl engine cover and pearl powder coated wiper arms.

8k LED Highs

8k LED Lows and Fogs

Bumper duct is useless now with AEM cold air intake lol. Powder coated my wiper arms Pearl at work Lip splitter, front lip, skirts, canards, 8k LEDs in all my lights, RBGW side markers, RBGW/ multi modes LED hood strip, Nissan Logo courtesy lights in all doors, blue LEDs in all interior lights, white plastic engine cover, blue/purple color shift on the other 3 pieces, billet upper and lower grille with Nismo badge, carbon fiber Nismo badge on trunk, Nismo side mirror carbon fiber eyebrows.

Rear diffuser.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:04 PM

Just recently found these. They’re for the Altima but it’s the same fit. Plug and play.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/30527735170...3Avlp_homepage
Old 01-17-2024, 04:41 PM

I was thinking of trying one of these.

Old 01-17-2024, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by 02maxima76
That first one is what I have on my car right now, but you have to hardwire it. Some of the LEDs went out after maybe a year and a half, I just redid it a few weeks ago with the same strips (they had sent me two sets, the first one wasn’t the length I ordered. But I used them to redo it, just folded the strip in half.)

The one I linked is a plug and play housing and has a smoked lens option. No cutting/splicing/fabbing needed. I would do that if I were you, that’s what I will do if the LEDs in this one go out again.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:39 PM

Car looks great btw. What color are the engine covers?
I like the white/blue theme, don’t see it often