8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Nissan Connect App

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 04:19 PM

Nissan Connect App

I have the '16 Maxima Platinum. I downloaded the Nissan Connect App and go it set up through the car but the only App that is displayed is Google Search even though I have Google Search, Pandora, and Iheartradio turned to ON in the phone app. Spoke to a Nissan Rep via chat and they told me that my car is too new for the Pandora and IHeart to display. Anyone else having the same issue?
Old 07-06-2015, 05:23 PM

Exact same. Except when I click on google search it says no phone detected. Totally useless.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:24 PM

Hell, my car's so new I can't even register it!

If you look at the reviews for the NC app on Android, you'll see that the overwhelming opinion is that it's a pile of doo doo. It hasn't been updated since 12/14 and many people have similar complaints. I fear we are saddled with an albatross.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by adamgalazka
I have the '16 Maxima Platinum. I downloaded the Nissan Connect App and go it set up through the car but the only App that is displayed is Google Search even though I have Google Search, Pandora, and Iheartradio turned to ON in the phone app. Spoke to a Nissan Rep via chat and they told me that my car is too new for the Pandora and IHeart to display. Anyone else having the same issue?

I have the exact same problem. I have those apps set up on the phone app too and only get google search.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:26 PM

Same issues with a top trim 2015 Murano...
Old 07-06-2015, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by adamgalazka

Well, if the car is too new, we cannot make it older. I think the app its too old and they need to make it newer.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:11 AM

I just found out that the Nissan Maxima 2016 is not compatible with the Nissan apps like Pandora, Iheart and the others, only compatible with Google search.

http://www.nissanusa.com/connect/faq/

If you go to Apps and features on the link above and the to the question "Which apps are included with Nissan Connect Mobile apps" when you click on Package Specs for the Nissan Maxima 2016 you will see that only Google Search is checkedmarked as being compatible.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Damn i was hoping to facebook while driving. And it would be nice to have Spotify. Anyone know if the google search allows pushing destinations to the car? I really hope this isnt another fail-nav system like in my 07
Old 07-07-2015, 07:52 AM

I remember this being discussed when I attended dealer training in April. The trainer specifically mentioned that Google Online Search was the only currently available app, but their intent is to be adding more.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:05 PM

I just got a 2015 Murano. (Traded in my 11 Maxima) and this NissanConnect is really bad. Only Google search, I was told that they are working on getting the rest of the NC working.. I have android.. anyone have the Iphone. and does it work any better at all.,
Old 07-07-2015, 09:15 PM

frankly, it's an embarrassment that nissan would release this tech in such a half-assed state.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by charliebrown
frankly, it's an embarrassment that nissan would release this tech in such a half-assed state.
Seems as if they would have learned their lesson after the very bad/glitchy launch of the infomat system on the 2014 Q50 which still is not totally resolved yet....
Old 07-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
Seems as if they would have learned their lesson after the very bad/glitchy launch of the infomat system on the 2014 Q50 which still is not totally resolved yet....
It's funny you say that. I was just thinking the same thing when I started reading this thread. They seem to do things backwards at times, & also do not learn from prior mistakes.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
It's funny you say that. I was just thinking the same thing when I started reading this thread. They seem to do things backwards at times, & also do not learn from prior mistakes.
yeah, and what makes it even more painful is the fact that the rest of the tech on the 8th gen is by far the best i've ever experienced, with an incredibly good voice-operated NAV system and driver's info display that embarrasses audi's MMI system, which has a ponderously slow google-based NAV and overcomplicated UI.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
, sad but true!
Old 07-09-2015, 06:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by sonomamax
I just got a 2015 Murano. (Traded in my 11 Maxima) and this NissanConnect is really bad. Only Google search, I was told that they are working on getting the rest of the NC working.. I have android.. anyone have the Iphone. and does it work any better at all.,
I have an iPhone and can confirm its poo poo in my SR. I can select a bunch (a few) of apps in the iphone app to supposedly use, but none of them install on the NC system, just Google search sitting there all alone. To make things worse, you HAVE to connect via usb to use it, why can't I tether data via bluetooth. Also another bad thing about using NC + iphone, the text messaging does not work at all.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 AM

http://www.nissanusa.com/connect/faq

"Apple's operating system doesn't support the full range of Bluetooth® connectivity. This isn't unique to Nissan.[*]"
Old 07-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
http://www.nissanusa.com/connect/faq

"Apple's operating system doesn't support the full range of Bluetooth® connectivity. This isn't unique to Nissan.[*]"
It's a sad day when a Windows phone can interface better than an iPhone
Old 07-10-2015, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by trafflux
It's a sad day when a Windows phone can interface better than an iPhone
Yet its always been true. Apples implementation of the blutooth stack is lacking and often introduces a sound delay especially noticeable with video. Android and windows is designed to work with anything you throw at it... Iphone is designed to work with apple products. So apple to apple is usually more polished, but android is more versatile.
I own all three.....
Old 07-10-2015, 07:58 AM

I will never purchase an Apple product! I've won a couple and gave them away.

:
Old 07-19-2015, 10:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan Connect App

Guys I have both, android and Iphone, by far the iphone was the hardess to figure out but it now works pretty good for my wife and my kids ipod touch, with the iphone, make sure no one around you have on any bluetooth devices on or running if so have them turn them off, of course turn on the bluetooth and the bluetooth on the car, go through the pairing processlet the car start the scan first, then start the phone to scan if the car sees the device by name, at first it will say something like unable to pair with device if the car have some one keep calling the iphone, the car may see (your iphone) it but you wont be able to answer it it only rings to your phone, if this happens, and this is what happened to me is at that time shut the car off, then shut the phone completely off, for 3 min then turn the car on, the power your phone back up and go to the BT menus, and have someone call you, this is what worked for me now my wife can play her music and receive phone calls and have it read text sorry no facebook, but realize I stay in south GA and took a trip to TN and I literally hit all the buttons on this and yes it does have issues and most of the selections dont show until the car is stopped
Old 07-20-2015, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Burnsmax
Guys I have both, android and Iphone, by far the iphone was the hardess to figure out but it now works pretty good for my wife and my kids ipod touch, with the iphone, make sure no one around you have on any bluetooth devices on or running if so have them turn them off, of course turn on the bluetooth and the bluetooth on the car, go through the pairing processlet the car start the scan first, then start the phone to scan if the car sees the device by name, at first it will say something like unable to pair with device if the car have some one keep calling the iphone, the car may see (your iphone) it but you wont be able to answer it it only rings to your phone, if this happens, and this is what happened to me is at that time shut the car off, then shut the phone completely off, for 3 min then turn the car on, the power your phone back up and go to the BT menus, and have someone call you, this is what worked for me now my wife can play her music and receive phone calls and have it read text sorry no facebook, but realize I stay in south GA and took a trip to TN and I literally hit all the buttons on this and yes it does have issues and most of the selections dont show until the car is stopped

You are saying you got your car to read texts from an iPhone? If so, how? I have had no issues with getting my iPhone to play music and answer calls through BT, but it wont read my texts, and I heard that feature wasn't available with iPhones?
Old 07-20-2015, 08:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan Connect App

Yes it does it even alerts me when email has arrived, but will not read emails only texts, the object is to let both the car and the phone boot back up with bluetooth on, you may have to dig deep into the audio settings, but be careful the audio ringer is preset at extremely loud so loud it woke up up people next door, or check the settings on your phone, it works with the iphone 5