8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Insurance Anit Theft

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Insurance Anit Theft

I just got my new 2016 Maxima today and my insurance company is asking if the car has any of the features below and I can't seem to find the documentation to reflect if any of the below are installed:

Ignition or Starter cut-off switch
Passive Alarm
Non-passive Operative System
Window Identification Number
Ignition Replacement Lock
Passive Fuel Cut-off switch
Passive Ignition cut-off switch
Hood lock latch
other

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-26-2015, 03:21 PM

That is a good question since the Insurance does not know since this is a brand new model design and they probably don't have the current or lately information but usually the VIN will show up in the insurance data base, but I would look at the window sticker when you bought the car it'll list anti theft, such as Key Immobilizer.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:09 AM

kmitchel,
Did some digging on this. Vehicle manual has some information on some of these discounts. Car does have a passive alarm as long as all light are off, doors are locked it will arm itself (search for "Alarm" in a pdf version of the manual). - Window ID number - if this refers to your VIN number being displayed in the windshield, I know that my Platinum has it. Not sure if that is the same for other trims.
- Ignition cut off switch. Take a look at pg 5-10 through 5-12. It does not specifically call it that but it says that car will turn itself off if all the lights are off and the doors are locked.

Not sure which state you are in but I am in VA and I called USAA (my insurance company) and tried to get some additional discounts but the rep told me that the state sets the guidelines for which antitheft discounts you are allowed to get.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:47 AM

Hey guys wanted to revive this thread. Was just reviewing my auto insurance policy (GEICO) and noticed that it was never updated to reflect daytime running lights when I bought my 2016. Just called them out on it, and had them update it. This got me thinking what other discounts could I possibly be missing. The car has a million safety features, including collision warning, forward braking, and even stolen vehicle locator via Sirius XM Very curious what discounts everyone is getting?
Old 10-28-2015, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by spidgeon
Hey guys wanted to revive this thread. Was just reviewing my auto insurance policy (GEICO) and noticed that it was never updated to reflect daytime running lights when I bought my 2016. Just called them out on it, and had them update it. This got me thinking what other discounts could I possibly be missing. The car has a million safety features, including collision warning, forward braking, and even stolen vehicle locator via Sirius XM Very curious what discounts everyone is getting?
Different companies offer different discounts but usually they give you one discount for all of the safety features not a discount per feature, so it usually makes no difference if they show all the safety features or not, if they at least have one, then you probably have the discount. As far as the stolen vehicle locator, it doesn't keep thieves from stealing the vehicle it just helps in tracking it which by then, the damage it already done (broken window, door lock, steering column etc etc).
Old 10-28-2015, 09:46 AM

UPDATE: spoke with an agent, I just got $80 off my policy for mentioning that my vehicle has both DRL's and a stolen vehicle locator. The vehicle has it, might as well make sure you're getting every available discount! Can't get what you don't ask for, right? Would encourage you all to check.