8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Here's a Link to Nissan Accessory Installation Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 06:23 AM

Arrow Here's a Link to Nissan Accessory Installation Instructions

Here is a link to installation instructions for Nissan accessories. Just put in your search criteria and it will give you what you need.

I searched the forums to see if there was a better place to post this, but I couldn't find one. If anyone knows of a place, just let me know. Some of you may have already been aware of this site, but it's new to me.

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/T...spx?tsbType=AI
Old 08-28-2015, 07:02 AM

Great find - thanks for sharing!!
Old 08-28-2015, 07:12 AM

AMAZING FIND!! I was wondering how hard it would be to put the rocker panels on and now I see it's super EASY. Can't wait to check out the other ones. Many thanks for sharing!
Old 08-28-2015, 07:15 AM

Great link, thanks! So it's interesting - looking at the two different spoiler installation instructions, and I don't see a reason why the sport spoiler wouldn't work on any trim, and vice versa with the premium spoiler. Almost identical. Only difference in the instructions is the image of the spoilers:

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asist...CS%5C1US35.PDF
http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asist...CS%5C1US34.PDF

This leads me to believe these are interchangeable on trim levels, yet Nissan only supports the sport spoiler on the SR. Well, good to know. Want to get that slick black spoiler on a platinum white!
Old 08-28-2015, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by cstrasz
Great link, thanks! So it's interesting - looking at the two different spoiler installation instructions, and I don't see a reason why the sport spoiler wouldn't work on any trim, and vice versa with the premium spoiler. Almost identical. Only difference in the instructions is the image of the spoilers:

This leads me to believe these are interchangeable on trim levels, yet Nissan only supports the sport spoiler on the SR. Well, good to know. Want to get that slick black spoiler on a platinum white!
I believe you are correct. I have an SR and the dealership had already installed the premium spoiler on it before I even bought it.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by spidgeon
AMAZING FIND!! I was wondering how hard it would be to put the rocker panels on and now I see it's super EASY. Can't wait to check out the other ones. Many thanks for sharing!
The installation looks pretty straight forward for the rocker panels. I ordered mine yesterday and I am supposed to pick them up today. The only thing that concerns me is that you have to drill several holes on the underside for each rocker panel and I don't know how I can get a drill under there to do that. There's not enough ground clearance and I obviously don't have a car lift.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by doctorpullit
The installation looks pretty straight forward for the rocker panels. I ordered mine yesterday and I am supposed to pick them up today. The only thing that concerns me is that you have to drill several holes on the underside for each rocker panel and I don't know how I can get a drill under there to do that. There's not enough ground clearance and I obviously don't have a car lift.
I remember back in the 1950s, when I was working at the Army Electronic Proving Ground (Ft Huachuca AZ), and it was oil change time. I would drive to the top of Brewery Gulch, straddle the ditch on the side of the road, crawl under the car, let the old oil out, replace the oil plug, reach in the trunk and get the cans of new oil and drop it in. Worked great until the time I opened the trunk and found I had forgotten to throw the cans of oil in there.

For what you will be doing, you should be able to find a driveway entrance or gutter or swale of some kind where you could maneuver your Maxima in a way that would leave enough ground clearance to fit a drill under the car. I have also seen 'elbow' devices that can be put in a drill that turn the bit 90 degrees. Then there are those 'risers' available at any auto parts store, but they will cost a little money, and can be hard to use with cars like the Maxima with very little ground clearance (the bumper hits the lift before the tire reaches the device). I'm sure you will find a way; the rocker panels are worth the effort.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I remember back in the 1950s, when I was working at the Army Electronic Proving Ground (Ft Huachuca AZ), and it was oil change time. I would drive to the top of Brewery Gulch, straddle the ditch on the side of the road, crawl under the car, let the old oil out, replace the oil plug, reach in the trunk and get the cans of new oil and drop it in. Worked great until the time I opened the trunk and found I had forgotten to throw the cans of oil in there.

For what you will be doing, you should be able to find a driveway entrance or gutter or swale of some kind where you could maneuver your Maxima in a way that would leave enough ground clearance to fit a drill under the car. I have also seen 'elbow' devices that can be put in a drill that turn the bit 90 degrees. Then there are those 'risers' available at any auto parts store, but they will cost a little money, and can be hard to use with cars like the Maxima with very little ground clearance (the bumper hits the lift before the tire reaches the device). I'm sure you will find a way; the rocker panels are worth the effort.
Thanks, lightonthehill. Discovering you just drained out all of the oil you had would certainly be one of those "stressful life moments".
Old 08-31-2015, 11:06 AM

Thanks for sharing the installation links all!
Old 08-31-2015, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill

I installed my rocker panels this weekend. It took about 45 minutes, most of which was spent figuring out the first one. The second one took about 15 minutes. If you don't have a way to elevate the car, you MUST have a 90 degree drill to do this. Even with that, I only had about a half inch of clearance between the back of the drill and the garage floor.

I think they add a nice accent to the car.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by cstrasz

I'm also interested in adding the Sports spoiler to my Platinum.

Can anyone confirm if you were able to add the Sports spoiler to another trim (besides SR)?

My local dealer also claims the sports spoiler is only supported on the SR although they are not sure why it wouldn't work on the Platinum (or any other trim).
The Nissan eStore is still offering 25% off so I'm trying to make a decision by end of month.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by objammin
I'm also interested in adding the Sports spoiler to my Platinum.

Can anyone confirm if you were able to add the Sports spoiler to another trim (besides SR)?

My local dealer also claims the sports spoiler is only supported on the SR although they are not sure why it wouldn't work on the Platinum (or any other trim).
The Nissan eStore is still offering 25% off so I'm trying to make a decision by end of month.
All of the body styles are the same. There is no reason that I can think of that the sport spoiler will not go on any model of 2016 Maxima.