8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

I think my Maxiam Feels Fast?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 08:55 PM

I think my Maxiam Feels Fast?

Don't know about the rest of you,but I am enjoying driving my new Maxiam.
I have about 3k on it and the weather is starting to cool off in the Chicago /Midwest area and it feels like my Maxiam is a runner, it pulls nice. I have been
Using premium and it does make a difference. No side by sides with anything yet. I did come from a Altima SL and the wife has a 2012 Murano. My count for others on the roads is up to about 9 . 4 whites, 2 Grays, 1Blue, 1 Red , 1 black
Old 10-08-2015, 01:20 AM

I am also having a great time driving my 2016. My wife loves it too, and so we share the driving 50-50.

I could post lots of stuff about the differences between the 7th and 8th gen, but don't have the time. I will say that the door sill on the 8th gen is a few inches wider than the sills on generation one through generation seven. This will be OK when I finally get used to it. In the meantime, I continue to get my pantlegs wet as they brush the outside edge of the sill. I would also have liked a height adjustment on the front passenger seat, but haven't had that for many Maxima generations.

On the positive side. I love the road feel on this eighth gen. The seventh gen seemed to 'cover' road imperfections, but I can detect them with this 8th gen (but not to the point of being 'rough'). I like 'road feel.' Many switches were moved between the seventh and eighth gens, and I found every move to be both intuitive and helpful. Everything now seems more viisible and easier to operate.

I am also surprised at how often we are using the ground lighting. It comes on automatically every time we open a car door. There are four lights on each side of the car.

Interior lighting is much improved, with every part of the cabin well lit.

As many have already posted, the seats are the best I have ever sat upon. Period. And I have been sitting on car seats since the late 1940s.

But I need to hit the sack and try to get a few hours sleep. In a few hours, I face six hours of mowing grass and carrying two more loads of books, maps, paintings and charts from this home to the new one we bought in August. I'm lucky to get five hours of sleep each night these days.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 10-08-2015 at 01:29 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:33 PM

LOTH are those interior and exterior lighting features only on the platinum? I'm torn between going all out and going with the SL. If the platinum had an option to not have that faux wood trim id probably go with it, but i don't like that at all.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Enjoying my Maxima too! But, does anyone else feel like they're sliding forward in the driver's seat. I have to pull out the leg-extension piece to eliminate the feeling. I really wish they had gone with the zero-gravity seat tilt.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by mls277
LOTH are those interior and exterior lighting features only on the platinum? I'm torn between going all out and going with the SL. If the platinum had an option to not have that faux wood trim id probably go with it, but i don't like that at all.
You have me in a 'fuzzy area' here (some say I am always in a fuzzy area). Most Platinums do not come with the special interior lighting or ground lighting or special quarter panel bars or lighted sill plates or spoiler,etc, but most dealers can add these accessories at a price. I assume most can be added to levels other than the Platinum, but you might need to do some checking in order to be assured the basic lighting harness of the other level 2016 Maximas is similar to that of the Platinum so that these options can be added. I would guess that the harness of the SL is probably similar to that of the Platinum, as both are loaded with goodies.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by mls277

At extra cost, you can get carbon fiber overlays to cover the fake wood up. The wood look is well done IMO.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
At extra cost, you can get carbon fiber overlays to cover the fake wood up. The wood look is well done IMO.
My wife and I (and our son and daughter, both age fifties) all love this wood on the 8th gen. I probably would not have liked it when I was young, but this is simply a matter of taste and preference. The extra trouble Nissan went to in order to have the surace of the wood shaped to include and reflect the diamond pattern of the upholstery was, in my opinion, commendable.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
My wife and I (and our son and daughter, both age fifties) all love this wood on the 8th gen. I probably would not have liked it when I was young, but this is simply a matter of taste and preference. The extra trouble Nissan went to in order to have the surace of the wood shaped to include and reflect the diamond pattern of the upholstery was, in my opinion, commendable.
I agree Light - I have had top line Maximas 4th - 6th - 2 7th & now the 8th, and the wood grain in the 8th is the best in all versions! So good I added the wood grain shift **** to finish the look in the Platinum...
Old 10-16-2015, 08:40 PM

I know i love this maxima i gave all the factory accessories expecte the wheels i got different one and on performance i got a k&n short ram,full coustom catback with test pipe 2 1/2 pile,stillen crack pulled,advance timing 2 degress, lower springs drop 2 inhes ,drill and slod rotor all round i think i miss some stuffs lol

Old 10-18-2015, 08:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mines only feels zippy when I'm using the slap stick