8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

2016 Platinum edition Nissan connect app not working nissan engineer being sent out.

Old 12-14-2015, 03:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2016 Platinum edition Nissan connect app not working nissan engineer being sent out.

Hello I recently purchased a 2016 nissan maxima platinum edition and since day 1 i have not been able to complete the activation process for the app that would start your vehicle remotely from your phone etc.. The car has been brought into local dealership which has replaced the TCU and still the app does not work, It has been 1 month my car has been in the shop. Nisaan recently tonight after speaking to the regional manager for nissan consumer affairs, has agreed to send an engineer to trouble shoot the problem.

My question to the forum

does anyone else nissan app work for remotely starting their vehicle?

Also has anyone had any issues with their vehicle when they first purchased it activating the app . i get green check marks first 2 items and then final step "enrollment " errors out red x.. after loggig in with my credentials ... anyone else have this issue? or have heard of it..

Love my car but this is crazy, nissan doesn't even know whats going on with car..

Please let me know your thoughts..

I appreciate your forum I'm excited to contribute with my resolution once available so someone else doesn't have to go through this process..

Last edited by capojoe; 12-14-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:28 PM

I initially had problems with the setup. Had the green checks but couldn't get the app to work. Someone on the phone was able to get it working and I can use it to start my car and unlock the doors
Old 12-14-2015, 03:56 PM

All Functions work since day 1

Randy
Old 12-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by scutmud
I initially had problems with the setup. Had the green checks but couldn't get the app to work. Someone on the phone was able to get it working and I can use it to start my car and unlock the doors

I'm frustrated beyond words. glad it was resolved for you, if i can jog your memory was it a nissan problem or xm service issue?

seems their is multiple technologies tied into the "app" so getting a fix for me is not a clear path. i have talked directly to nissan connect services and nissan consumer affairs.. none of which were able to rectify my issue.

you have any more recollection of your problem and how quickly it was resolved or what they did to fix? I could really use some of your info. maybe to inform nissan....they are really clueless on this. and super vague.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan Connect Issues

I am still having this same issue. I purchased my car in October and I still cannot use the app. All Nissan connect keeps telling me is we are waiting on our tech support to come up with a solution.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by soldierp91x
I am still having this same issue. I purchased my car in October and I still cannot use the app. All Nissan connect keeps telling me is we are waiting on our tech support to come up with a solution.

weird i purchased my car in october as well.. hmm..

have you escalated the claim to nissan consumer affairs? tech support is useless. worse customer service .. I hate the " I understand" that they love to say all the time. its so annoying..

who have you talked to ?

what state are you in ? Im in CT but I'm curious to know .. thanks
Old 12-14-2015, 07:47 PM

I finally gave trying to activate my account. Consumer Affairs didn't know what was wrong.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:29 PM

Initially had issues but was able to call NissanConnect and got it working. Been working ever since.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Max8
I finally gave trying to activate my account. Consumer Affairs didn't know what was wrong.
I refuse to give up. Spending 40k on a vehicle that is not working as promised is not acceptable.

Is their any senior members here that work for nissan? This is unacceptable, people just accepting software issues.. any suggestions who I can further contact?
Old 12-15-2015, 06:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

wondering why my post are not posting anymore??? what is the issue?
Old 12-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

who else can I contact to try to get this fixed?
Old 12-16-2015, 06:59 AM

I also have been having issues. Initially the map function didn't work in the app. I made several calls and finally got a response after detailing the problem on Google play app rating. I have about a 50%success rate of transmitting a destination. Now they are trying to figure out why my vehicle health hasn't updated since August. Now they want me to subscribe!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:51 AM

I got my platinum at the end of September and had not been able to connect via remote cell app through connect services until today. It would not activate. We started with the sequence they tell you about when it fails (something like hold SOS button for 30 seconds when starting)...didn't work. The dealer then got a re-initialization sequence from the service manual. After it was complete I had to wait 24 hours for it to reconnect before attempting the app again....didn't work. This morning took it in yet again and they hooked it up to one of their computers and 'turned off' the TCU then re-initialized it. Now I am able to connect and remotely start the car. I also tested the speed alert function which worked as well.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:23 AM

Mine was a November 2015 built and I had no problems connecting, etc. Do you really think it is worth the monthly outlay?
Old 12-17-2015, 05:59 PM

haven't even cared to mess with nissan connect, I just use my key fob to remotely turn on/ open doors etc...i must be too old school.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have the same issue but after spoke with Nissan directly, somebody asked me about error number and told me, I will going to reroute the problem to engineer department and the next day, everything start working fine without any issue. By the way somebody from Nissan called me and asked it is everything working fine. Good Customer Services.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by howardis
I got my platinum at the end of September and had not been able to connect via remote cell app through connect services until today. It would not activate. We started with the sequence they tell you about when it fails (something like hold SOS button for 30 seconds when starting)...didn't work. The dealer then got a re-initialization sequence from the service manual. After it was complete I had to wait 24 hours for it to reconnect before attempting the app again....didn't work. This morning took it in yet again and they hooked it up to one of their computers and 'turned off' the TCU then re-initialized it. Now I am able to connect and remotely start the car. I also tested the speed alert function which worked as well.

Update:

Welp, this is getting ridiculous.

Nissan engineer came onsite this morning and pretty much ruled out the car and said it has to do with xm services and the account.. packed his tool bag up and left. thats it. WTF really. thanks guru. Nothing like following thru and resolving the actual issue to completion..

Im frustrated beyond words. I wish I knew what else I can do. Any suggestions of people to contact? or phone numbers to call?

I contacted nissan connect services again today , as well as the regional consumer affairs manager who has been less than impressive. This truly sucks , I'm not ok with just ignoring a feature that won't work with my car .. The whole reason why i bought the platinum package in the first place was solely the app!. WTF
Old 12-22-2015, 07:39 AM
Dab

capojoe;

maybe this is a wierd qustion, but what kind of phone do you have and what generation, also is the app in you car for XM current? i ask because you might want to try somone elses phone and see if it connects if it does then its your phone not the app in the car.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by capojoe
Update:

Welp, this is getting ridiculous.

Nissan engineer came onsite this morning and pretty much ruled out the car and said it has to do with xm services and the account.. packed his tool bag up and left. thats it. WTF really. thanks guru. Nothing like following thru and resolving the actual issue to completion..

Im frustrated beyond words. I wish I knew what else I can do. Any suggestions of people to contact? or phone numbers to call?

I contacted nissan connect services again today , as well as the regional consumer affairs manager who has been less than impressive. This truly sucks , I'm not ok with just ignoring a feature that won't work with my car .. The whole reason why i bought the platinum package in the first place was solely the app!. WTF

update: car is fixed . TCU replacement and reset and reprocessing activation with xm services..

car STARTS remotely !!! YESSSSSSSS ..

love the app. so nice. destination folder is great and valet mode makes me feel secure knowing car is safe .

for those using the app how do you know the car is running? and how long does the car run for ?

wish the app had a way to let me know if the car is running or not form afar.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Dab

remote start only last for 10mins unless you hit restart within that 10min window that it is running
Old 12-23-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Mine was a November 2015 built and I had no problems connecting, etc. Do you really think it is worth the monthly outlay?
I don't see how the monthly fee is worth it. I can remote start my car with the key fob from over 200 feet away. I'm impressed with the key signal strength.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am also having this same issue. Called the support number given on the app. Was told it wasn't their problem and transferred me to another number who is closed until tomorrow. Anyone know when the other apps in the car may start working? Such as Pandora or IHeartRadio? Right now the only in vehicle app for the 2016 is Google Search, which is great, but I'd really like to use Pandora.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:19 PM

Frustrating that only app is Google. You can use pandora and other apps via phone blue tooth.

Got my car in June, and it was the most frustrating process getting Connect to work. It works very well now.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

NissanConnect Services Issue

I purchased my Maxima in July and was not able to get NissanConnect services to work for nearly a month. Although frustrating, I finally got a hold of a supervisor in NissanConnect Services who was able to help.

They first had me run through a bunch of steps on my own and then had me take it into the dealer to make sure the commumincation unit (TCU) was working accurately (it was). In the end, it turned out to be an issue with the account set up on both NissanConnect's side as well as SiriusXM's. I would strongly recommend asking for a supervisor to work the issue for you. Otherwise, you will have the fun of being told by NissanConnect Services that the issue is with SiriusXM and SiriusXM blaming NissanConnect Services (trust me, you don't want to deal with SiriusXM's customer service which is far worse than NissanConnect Services in my opion.)

I would also suggest asking for an extension of your trial period for the time you weren't able to use it plus a some extra time for the inconvenience. In my case, they added 3 months.

Good luck!
Old 01-21-2016, 07:09 PM

Hooray! I had hoped my new maxima would work with Nissan connect without issue but nope. It will transmit out information (the car that is) but not receive anything from the apps. Frustrating.

Spoke with customer support for Nissan Connect and now it's been escalated to an engineer to investigate. I'm supposed to get a follow up call on Monday to find out if there any additional steps I need to do for them to diagnose or see if it works (if their engineers fix it).
Old 01-23-2016, 04:27 PM

Dont hold your breath for the call back. Having big time issues with Nissan Connect subscription and have been waiting for call back for the last 3 days....
Old 01-24-2016, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by gerardamorris
Dont hold your breath for the call back. Having big time issues with Nissan Connect subscription and have been waiting for call back for the last 3 days....
In several calls to them over the last seven months, they have never called me back, although they always promise to.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2016 Platnium Connect problems

Same problem and the Nissan Techs tell me there is nothing they can do.

I have a call into the Regional Consumers Affair Manager, I hope I get resolution.

LOVE my car but this issue is unacceptable!

Tech tells me my phone (Note 5) not compatible but it work before I signed up via app.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:05 AM

For what it's worth I have a Note 5 and it finally just started working on its own while an open ticket was being handled by their customer support.

They also kept me abreast of the troubleshooting and called me every few days.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by cstrasz
For what it's worth I have a Note 5 and it finally just started working on its own while an open ticket was being handled by their customer support.

They also kept me abreast of the troubleshooting and called me every few days.

We are running a Windows phone (Att 635 model) which has performed very well! The first time we paired the phone to the 2016 Maxima, only inbound texts could be read. We erased the pairing later that day and repeated the pairing process. That fixed everything and allowed us to receive and send texts via voice.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thumbs down Nissan Connect Not Working

Originally Posted by capojoe
update: car is fixed . TCU replacement and reset and reprocessing activation with xm services..

car STARTS remotely !!! YESSSSSSSS ..

love the app. so nice. destination folder is great and valet mode makes me feel secure knowing car is safe .

for those using the app how do you know the car is running? and how long does the car run for ?

wish the app had a way to let me know if the car is running or not form afar.
To: Anyone Who Can Help

For the past two weeks I have been trying to register my 2017 Maxima Platinum with Nissan Connect. I keep getting an error, Error 20033, both on the app and on the website (if I try to log in that way). I called two Nissan numbers last week, and the last representative told me that there is some type of problem with my car, because after trying a few other things, when she had me go to Settings, Nissan Connect Services, Nissan Connect Services Settings on my "navigation screen" in my car, she said I should find four sets of numbers, including my car's VIN, TCU, & SIM, but only the first set of numbers (the Unit ID) is shown; all the other fields are blank. She told me she has never seen a car without those numbers and thinks that is the problem. It is surprising to me that my VIN is not in there; the rep said all four fields should have numbers. Everything else on my car works, though, including the radio and navigation system. Supposedly the lady I talked with at Nissan Connect will call me back on Monday (today), and my dealership is also "looking into it" with their Nissan rep. Any ideas if my Platinum Edition should have those numbers on that screen? Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks!
Old 04-20-2017, 07:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Has anyone tried the SOS emergency response button on their 2016 Nissan Maxima Platinum? I did and it doesn't work. Been in the shop multiple times, transponder has been replaced. Both the dealership and Nissan Connect blame it on SiriusXM all other functions work fine but the SOS system failure is a potentially huge legal liability for Nissan. I have been told that there are many other owners having the same problem.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:17 PM

Worked for me. I pushed the button not knowing what it would do, and someone answered right away and asked me what the emergency was! Embarrassing.
Old 05-10-2020, 02:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have the same issue 2017 nissan max the SOS button does not turn on. Also the in the nav screen clicking on the head set message comes back says I need a active
subscription I have a active subscription til Oct 2020, the dealer not sure what to do. am at a loss
Old 05-10-2020, 09:51 PM

Old 05-11-2020, 02:20 PM

capojoe, did I understand you correctly?... You paid $40K for a '16 Platinum.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by compyelc4
capojoe, did I understand you correctly?... You paid $40K for a '16 Platinum.
In 2015
Old 05-11-2020, 05:46 PM

Oh.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by soldierp91x
Damn I bought mine in October too and I've never been able to get the app to work. Wasn't a big deal to me so I just left it alone. But now I see it's a Nissan software issue. Still doesn't matter. Mine is out of warranty anyway. WHELP!!!
Old 05-19-2020, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by chasewen
Damn I bought mine in October too and I've never been able to get the app to work. Wasn't a big deal to me so I just left it alone. But now I see it's a Nissan software issue. Still doesn't matter. Mine is out of warranty anyway. WHELP!!!
The Nissan Connect Application was a doggy bug-infested software. I finally got it working on my then-new 2016 and never used it! I haven't even tried it on my 2019 bought new in 2019.
No way I'd ever pay a monthly fee though I see Nissan if offering a free period for all owners due to the CV issue. Still a waste of time jacking with it.