Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   8th Generation Maxima (2016-) (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016-88/)
-   -   Possible Blown Speaker (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016/692220-possible-blown-speaker.html)

JSROOKS 03-04-2016 06:01 AM

Possible Blown Speaker

I know this should be super simple to determine, but it really isn't. I just got my car last week and noticed a little light rattling sound on the driver door speaker but didn't think much of it. And keep in mind I don't listen to my music super loud or bass on full . I went to the passenger side and it doesn't even sound close to the driver side. So I am not sure if it could be a loose screw or blown. Is that something the dealership would cover generally?

Frasierts 03-04-2016 06:24 AM

Yes they should cover it, especially since you just got it too.

JSROOKS 03-04-2016 06:34 AM

Ok awesome I will give them a call. Hopefully it will be a quick fix.

JSROOKS 03-04-2016 07:08 AM

I called and they said they will take care of it at 8AM tomorrow so that is awesome I will let you guys know how it went.

lightonthehill 03-04-2016 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by JSROOKS (Post 9098383)
I called and they said they will take care of it at 8AM tomorrow so that is awesome I will let you guys know how it went.

And there should not be even one penny due. They should be apologizing to you for missing this problem in the check all GOOD dealers do on each car before putting it on the lot for sale. The purchaser should not be saddled with doing the standard pre-sale checkout for the dealer, as getting small things corrected is not always convenient for the customer, and also leads to the customer feeling the quality of the car is not good.

JSROOKS 03-04-2016 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill (Post 9098458)
And there should not be even one penny due. They should be apologizing to you for missing this problem in the check all GOOD dealers do on each car before putting it on the lot for sale. The purchaser should not be saddled with doing the standard pre-sale checkout for the dealer, as getting small things corrected is not always convenient for the customer, and also leads to the customer feeling the quality of the car is not good.

Yeah they should check but we all know it's pushing numbers out the door. And let's face it these speakers are pretty much paper thin cheap. Which is sad for a quality car. I'll replace them all eventually with quality but until then I want to be somewhat satisfied.

JSROOKS 03-07-2016 09:16 AM

Update: Went to the dealership Saturday and played a song for the associate to show the difference between the driver side and everything else. They said they will take care of it just have to order the new speaker. I also went to a custom shop and got a quote for OEM integration for new speakers, processor, and an amp.

JSROOKS 03-13-2016 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by JSROOKS (Post 9098833)
Update: Went to the dealership Saturday and played a song for the associate to show the difference between the driver side and everything else. They said they will take care of it just have to order the new speaker. I also went to a custom shop and got a quote for OEM integration for new speakers, processor, and an amp.

Good news went to the dealership yesterday and they replaced the blown driver side speaker. Such a big difference. I can actually turn up my music and it not rattle or sound blown. They did a great job and of course washed my car.