8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Possible Blown Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 06:01 AM

Possible Blown Speaker

I know this should be super simple to determine, but it really isn't. I just got my car last week and noticed a little light rattling sound on the driver door speaker but didn't think much of it. And keep in mind I don't listen to my music super loud or bass on full . I went to the passenger side and it doesn't even sound close to the driver side. So I am not sure if it could be a loose screw or blown. Is that something the dealership would cover generally?
Old 03-04-2016, 06:24 AM

Yes they should cover it, especially since you just got it too.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:34 AM

Ok awesome I will give them a call. Hopefully it will be a quick fix.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:08 AM

I called and they said they will take care of it at 8AM tomorrow so that is awesome I will let you guys know how it went.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by JSROOKS
I called and they said they will take care of it at 8AM tomorrow so that is awesome I will let you guys know how it went.
And there should not be even one penny due. They should be apologizing to you for missing this problem in the check all GOOD dealers do on each car before putting it on the lot for sale. The purchaser should not be saddled with doing the standard pre-sale checkout for the dealer, as getting small things corrected is not always convenient for the customer, and also leads to the customer feeling the quality of the car is not good.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
And there should not be even one penny due. They should be apologizing to you for missing this problem in the check all GOOD dealers do on each car before putting it on the lot for sale. The purchaser should not be saddled with doing the standard pre-sale checkout for the dealer, as getting small things corrected is not always convenient for the customer, and also leads to the customer feeling the quality of the car is not good.
Yeah they should check but we all know it's pushing numbers out the door. And let's face it these speakers are pretty much paper thin cheap. Which is sad for a quality car. I'll replace them all eventually with quality but until then I want to be somewhat satisfied.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:16 AM

Update: Went to the dealership Saturday and played a song for the associate to show the difference between the driver side and everything else. They said they will take care of it just have to order the new speaker. I also went to a custom shop and got a quote for OEM integration for new speakers, processor, and an amp.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by JSROOKS
Update: Went to the dealership Saturday and played a song for the associate to show the difference between the driver side and everything else. They said they will take care of it just have to order the new speaker. I also went to a custom shop and got a quote for OEM integration for new speakers, processor, and an amp.
Good news went to the dealership yesterday and they replaced the blown driver side speaker. Such a big difference. I can actually turn up my music and it not rattle or sound blown. They did a great job and of course washed my car.