8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Key-Linked Settings & City vs. Arrow Navigation Settings

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 01:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thumbs down Key-Linked Settings & City vs. Arrow Navigation Settings

My 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum has two settings on the driver display that I don't understand and cannot find the answers in the manual.

First, when I go to Settings, Key-Linked Settings, System On/Off, the dealer had mine set to "off." This is mentioned on Page 2-23 of the manual, but it just states this is where you turn the setting on and off. What is the "on" setting for? I'm not sure if I should have it on or off.

Second, when I go to Settings, Customize Display, Navigation Settings, it shows I can select "City" or "Arrow." This is referenced on Page 2-19 of the manual. What is the difference between "city" or "arrow?" What does this setting change?

Thanks, in advance!
Old 11-25-2016, 12:05 PM

key link will set ur seat setting to that key fob. That's what I read here havnt set it up my self yet
Old 11-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Smile Thanks! Plus, info on city vs. arrow

Thanks, Chiefy. I will have to turn it on then to see how it all works.

As for the city vs. arrow, in case anyone else is wondering, I found some info on-line from a Murano manual, so see the attached image, if needed.
Attached Thumbnails Key-Linked Settings & City vs. Arrow Navigation Settings-cityvsarrow.jpg  
Old 11-25-2016, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sassy
Thanks, Chiefy. I will have to turn it on then to see how it all works.

As for the city vs. arrow, in case anyone else is wondering, I found some info on-line from a Murano manual, so see the attached image, if needed.
That was a good find in the Murano manual. The 'arrow' view is supposed to represent the view of the road ahead as seen from the driver's seat. The edges of the road are shown growing closer together as the roadway fades into the distance. This is the generally preferred view when driving outside of towns and cities. 'The 'city' view is supposed to represent the view from overhead, as if in a helicopter. It shows the street pattern as it would be on a street map, and is the generally preferred view when driving thru downtown areas.

These differing views are a matter of preference. My wife prefers the 'arrow' view all the time, while I prefer the 'city' view all the time. My preference is influenced by my cartographic nature, and my 68 year hobby of collecting maps and drawing maps. I am very happy we have this choice in our Maxima.