8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Shopping for New Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 06:52 PM

Shopping for New Maxima

Hey guys,

So I'm in the market for a new Maxima and I'm down between an SL and Platinum model. I like all the extra tech and goodies that the platinum has but I'm wondering if you all think its worth it based on your experience. 3k extra isn't killer but I just wanted to know ya'lls opinions
Old 02-12-2017, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by paliforever
Hey guys,

So I'm in the market for a new Maxima and I'm down between an SL and Platinum model. I like all the extra tech and goodies that the platinum has but I'm wondering if you all think its worth it based on your experience. 3k extra isn't killer but I just wanted to know ya'lls opinions
Go for the Plat, discounts and incentives are crazy right now.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:14 PM

I'm in the same boat, trying to decide what I'm going to buy later this year. They really do add a lot of stuff for the platinum bundle, so it is very tempting.

But if you do go with the SL, don't feel too bad, there a few little advantages
1. It cost less (obviously)
2. It has an awesome silver interior accents, not that ugly fake wood
3. Curb weight is slightly less
4. Halogen headlights are probably brighter
5. Less gadgets to break when the car gets older
Old 03-17-2017, 02:46 PM

I am going w the SR due to the diamond pattern seats that rock!!

I loved the camel color option with alcantera inserts over the platinum or SL series.

The SL does not have the custom looking diamond stitched seats like the platinum. I prefer the rich, deep camel color (a' la like the ferrarri interior colors of past) as opposed to the lighter tan color leather in the platinum. I also did not care for the fake zebra wood paneling in the plat, so I was prefering to use a wood kit from car id instead, at some time in the future. Without the diamond pattern the interior seats are like every other one....... so the diamond is a must to me as it completely sets the car apart from other rides.

THe SR has specialized sport mode select suspension, with technology that is not available on any other trim level.

I am also choosing to NOT take the $400+ rear diffuser, as it is only a "chromed" standard diffuser which is the biggest rip off in the world.. and I am going to buy the Stillen rear diffuser for less $, and get a much better look in my opinion.

The midnight package does not make sense to me as a result of that fact, i am not a fan of the black wheel option, spoiler, etc and I am using the saved money to buy aftermarket rims (VMR 710s and have shopped, called the manufactuer direct and finally found the BEST DEAL OUT there at $ 935 out the door shipped for the 19 inchers. PM me for my contact guy's number) VMR only recently were able to fit the japanses market when they made the 5x114.3 fit available. THey are going to match the cernter bore for the 2017 nissan maxima and I have not seen any custom wheels on google for this vehicle other than Stillen's 2 cars which were really sharp.

Just sayin.' The biggest diff in the plat from the SR trim, is the rims, sunroofs, and wood trim, and all leather seats, and the rearview navi cam views. NOt enough to justify going to the plat vers IMHO. Just my 2 cents..... and take... do ot want to offend those interested on have the platinum model.

Last edited by brentla; 03-17-2017 at 02:50 PM.