8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Backup Camera Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 08:47 AM

Backup Camera Question

Hello all. New 2017 Maxima Platinum owner which I just picked up on Monday. Very happy so far. I have a few questions but will limit this one to the backup camera. Is there anyway to make the backup camera screen a full screen view? Right now, I see a split screen with part of the screen an overhead view. I would like to just have the backup view in full screen mode.

Thanks for any thoughts on how to do this.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:50 PM

I think you may be out of luck here. With the ignition 'on', put the car in 'park' and then tap the 'Camera' button on the dash several times, cycling through the views. Then, with the ignition still in 'on' and the car in 'reverse', tap the 'Camera' button on the dash several times, cycling through the views. If none of these produce a 'full rear' view, then the Drivers Manual is probably correct (it does not describe any camera view to the rear except a split one.)
Old 02-23-2017, 07:38 AM

Thank you for the response. I tried it in park/drive and it always remains in the split view. Oh well. Again, thanks for the reply!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gator5000e
Hello all. New 2017 Maxima Platinum owner which I just picked up on Monday. Very happy so far. I have a few questions but will limit this one to the backup camera. Is there anyway to make the backup camera screen a full screen view? Right now, I see a split screen with part of the screen an overhead view. I would like to just have the backup view in full screen mode.

Thanks for any thoughts on how to do this.
That is interesting, i have an SR, so no 3D cameras so it does show full screen when in reverse. I guess that is the difference. Would be nice if you could switch between the views.