8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

New max buyer questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New max buyer questions?

tried this in the general info forum and got no response so here goes;

Hello guys, been a member on the site since 2006 when we bought our first max back then. Since then we went with the pathfinders and muranos however I am contemplating getting a new platinum max in place of my 15 pathfinder and had some questions for you owners...

I am looking at getting a platinum and going with the standard SR aluminum wheels with the eagle tires as I want those rims but want the ride and options of the platinum. Are the 19 inch eagle tires a good tire for the rain/snow as compared to the continental tires that come on the platinum with the 18 inch wheels?

Also wondering if the max has a subwoofer for the factory bose like my 15 pathfinder does?
Old 02-27-2017, 03:00 AM

I have a 16 SR. I cannot tell you my experience in the snow as I live in NC and well...we didn't have much of a winter this year. I will say that they have been decent traction so far (10,000+) miles and the wear of them have been even up too this point. Don't think im going to replace them with the same eagle tire. Wet traction to me is around a 8. Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:52 AM

The ride with the 19" wheels (and 40 series tires) will certainly be harsher than with 18" wheels.

I cannot speak with direct experience, but there is a very small likelihood that 40 series W rated tires will be as effective in snow as V rated 18's.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Eagle1*
tried this in the general info forum and got no response so here goes;

Hello guys, been a member on the site since 2006 when we bought our first max back then. Since then we went with the pathfinders and muranos however I am contemplating getting a new platinum max in place of my 15 pathfinder and had some questions for you owners...

I am looking at getting a platinum and going with the standard SR aluminum wheels with the eagle tires as I want those rims but want the ride and options of the platinum. Are the 19 inch eagle tires a good tire for the rain/snow as compared to the continental tires that come on the platinum with the 18 inch wheels?

Also wondering if the max has a subwoofer for the factory bose like my 15 pathfinder does?
Yeah, there are two 6 x 9's in the back that surprisingly have some good bass.

Secondly, why not get the car with the medallion package? They have some beautiful 18 inch wheels on that car that I think do the job quite nice
Old 03-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by paliforever
Yeah, there are two 6 x 9's in the back that surprisingly have some good bass.

Secondly, why not get the car with the medallion package? They have some beautiful 18 inch wheels on that car that I think do the job quite nice
The 18" medallion wheels are great looking but each wheel has 20 different holes that will need individually cleaned meaning 80 slots to clean. At my age I do not have that kind of time.

Thanks for the bass info though. Wondering if I should add a subwoofer to make it better???
Old 03-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Eagle1*
The 18" medallion wheels are great looking but each wheel has 20 different holes that will need individually cleaned meaning 80 slots to clean. At my age I do not have that kind of time.

Thanks for the bass info though. Wondering if I should add a subwoofer to make it better???
The amount of perfect bass is subjective. Only you can answer that question.