8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Maxima convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:02 AM

Maxima convertible?

Real or fake? It sure does look magnificent!

Old 03-20-2017, 08:12 PM

Knowing nothing, except that, given enough money, almost anything can be accomplished, I think that this is strictly a photo-shop. One clue is that the format of the front license tag changes between the first view and later views in the video. We can be sure of one thing - Nissan did not build this. If they had, then we would have seen or heard something before now.

Even though this is probably a photo-shop, it is a very good one, and fun to see.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 03-20-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:17 AM

I don't see anything change with the license tag....
Old 03-21-2017, 09:13 AM

Doubt it's real but may sell as many as the .Murano convertible.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Unless it was a personal project of someone with a lot of time, then I doubt its real.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
I don't see anything change with the license tag....
The first photo at the front, before we click on the arrow to start the video, clearly shows a front tag with nothing on it but the characters 'J2831'. But when we start the video, the front and rear tags suddenly have several more characters above the ''J2831', which tells us these are not photographs of a real object, but a very good photo shopping job. There are a few other situations in the coverage that are not quite correct spatially, but rather than being concerned that there is photo shopping involved, I would rather give credit for a very good photo shopping effort which I enjoyed perusing for some time.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Did anyone notice that the interior is red from the outside view of the car but brown when they are showing it off? Nonetheless, it would be a beautiful thing to see come true.. id buy it.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by maxi_and_me
Did anyone notice that the interior is red from the outside view of the car but brown when they are showing it off? Nonetheless, it would be a beautiful thing to see come true.. id buy it.
Very observant of you, maxi_and_me. The reason for this is that most of the views are actual photos of a real Maxima. The exceptions are those exterior views that show the convertible apparatus, which are also photos, but which have been photo-shopped to make the car look like a convertible. The seats were cut from the photo as part of the photo-shopping, and when the photo-shopper had to put seats into the convertible views, he happened to choose red for the color, probably to give the car a more dramatic appearance.

I agree that a convertible Maxima would probably sell, but, as the Maxima is a low volume, non-luxury-make vehicle, to recover the money required to design, produce, test and certify a convertible version would probably require at least an additional $5K to $8K bump in price to break even. That would take the Maxima into a price category which Nissan is trying hard to avoid, as many folks are hesitant to pay a big price for a Nissan sedan.

Yes, there are other low volume vehicles that produce a convertible at a price closer to the non-convertible version, but those are vehicles with a higher profit margin built in on the non-convertible version, and are often in a higher price scale brand.

Producing a convertible version of a high-volume vehicle is a much more profitable endeavor.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

No way. I seriously doubt this is real.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'd bet this is a real good photo shop image. The interior shots also don't show any buttons to lower or raise the top. I love the idea though, I bought a new 2015 Q60 convertible and absolutely love the Infiniti....