8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Gps gui

Old 03-24-2017, 05:31 PM

Gps gui

When Nissan provides an update to the GPS, will the maps and GUI also receive an update? I must say, the GPS maps look low-grade compared to other vehicles' built-in GPS that I have been in or driven. Or are only POIs updated? Just curious as to what Nissan owners received in the past.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2017, 06:03 PM

If you think Nissan is "lowgrade" try the Acura's of the last few years. Even worse
Old 03-24-2017, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
If you think Nissan is "lowgrade" try the Acura's of the last few years. Even worse

I was given a Ford C-Max when renting a car for my family's roadtrip. I was jealous of the graphics for its GPS display Even my friend's Mazda 3's GPS display is hands-down better looking.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:06 PM

The Maxima has a clear, legible and useful GUI.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher
The Maxima has a clear, legible and useful GUI.
Yes, I agree. I just feel it could use more detail, cleaner layout, and a color palette representative of other GPS platforms. I like the night mode colors, but I find the day mode color scheme ugly for lack of a better word. Just my opinion
Old 03-25-2017, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by aviation76
Yes, I agree. I just feel it could use more detail, cleaner layout, and a color palette representative of other GPS platforms. I like the night mode colors, but I find the day mode color scheme ugly for lack of a better word. Just my opinion
Yes some of the Auto GPS's always seem to be a tick behind. I think ths MaXIMa rates a low "B" for a grade. A friend of mine has a 2016 Honda Accord Touring that has a factory version done by Garmin. I was jeolous of the layout and ease of use.

Search this Thread