8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

8th gen transmission

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 04:17 PM

8th gen transmission

I am a current owner of the 7th gen max I may be considering trading my 7th gen in for a 8th gen maxima but I have a couple questions and if they can be answered with the answer I'm looking for that can be my next option for my next vehicle....
1st question how is the new 8th gen maxima transmission?
2nd question does any one have weird noises when cruising in the vehicle?
3rd did anyone have wheel hub/bearing issue?
4th how's the heated seats working out?

I ask these questions cause these are the main problem my 7th gen experienced
Old 03-26-2017, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by 09maxshawn11
I am a current owner of the 7th gen max I may be considering trading my 7th gen in for a 8th gen maxima but I have a couple questions and if they can be answered with the answer I'm looking for that can be my next option for my next vehicle....

I had no problems with the CVT in my 7th gen in seven years of driving, but this redesigned CVT in the 8th gen is clearly a 'step above.' Motor Week said this 8th gen had the the best CVT they had driven.

I have not had any weird noises. Several here have had rattles. Some were traced to things the driver had done (cups, things in glove compartment or trunk, sunglasses rattling in overhead sunglass compartment, etc), some have been speakers or high mounted brake light rattling against rear window deck, some have had a noise from the chassi, etc, but most eventually get resolved.

I have not had any wheel hub issues. I don't recall seeing that issue here on the 8th gen board. If anyone had this, they may speak up.

My wife alternates between driving and riding in the passenger seat, uses the seat heaters the cooler six months of the year, and LOVES the heated seats on this 8th gen. But I seem to recall a few here who have had seat problems. Or maybe that was with the 7th gen, where there were quite a few folks with seat problems. Others here will speak up if they had 8th gen seat problems. One seat issue with the 8th gen is that there is no way to raise the passenger seat, which sits a little low.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:16 AM
I drank what?

No issues with my 8th Gen CVT. The only rattles I have heard are the water bottle when going over harsh bumps. I have used the seat heaters and steering wheel both with no issues. I hope this helps.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:50 PM

Thanks to both owners of the 8th gen special thanks about the cat that's my main and biggest issue is the cat transmission I'm sorry I don't have around $3,500.00 just to cough up on a transmission thanks a lot for the feedback hope you continue to enjoy your 8th maxima
Old 04-06-2017, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by 09maxshawn11

1. Smooth as glass. Spunky in Sport Mode.
2. Very quiet.
3. Not that I know of.
4. Heated seats = Nirvana

Of course we don't have many miles and months on our '17's yet.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:13 AM

[QUOTE=compyelc4;9144355]1. Smooth as glass. Spunky in Sport Mode.
2. Very quiet.
3. Not that I know of.
4. Heated seats = Nirvana

Of course we don't have many miles and months on our '17's yet.[/QUa

Ok cool thanks for the info i think im going to trade mines in for a new model
Old 04-07-2017, 06:07 AM

the 8th Gen CVT really shines and is far more refined than the 7th Gen though I will say my 7th Gen never let me down.