8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

2017 SR Max Mod with exotic VMR V10 concave Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 12:22 AM

Thumbs up 2017 SR Max Mod, with deal prices....exotic VMR V10 concave Rims!!!

This is a 2017 SR trim Max mod. One can go a bit crazy with spending $ on Mods, but I feels that the costs are warranted on these few. While lowering is possible in the future, the increased travel over bumps and curbs is fine with me, and less of a priority.

I have loved the look of these rims for about 7 years... and finally having them at a great price is great. The factory rims were nice... but they are a bit flat on the outside... and rims can make the most dramatic change to a vehicle...

Finally, with the Maxima, I did not need to purchase new tires... so it made sense.

Shopping around these rims found they went for best price of over $1,400 per factory site's quote (and they told me that the distributors can not price them for under $1,200, but I was able to get them for $935, shipped (normally $99) and without Ca tax... a phenomenal price for what they ultimately look like.... There are not a lot of pictures custom wheels on 8th gen maximas... yet. But.... I do see tonight someone posted a similar.. but platinum model in Pearl white. It is good to see posts of other rims on the car as well.

I chose to avoid the extra cost of the platinum, as well as the midnight option, as I found much better options, and pop for that money, and the upgrades factory diffuser, a 400$ option, was simply differentiated by a chrome piece.... Black rims show more dust than silver, etc.

The seller dealt with me outside of his offerings on ebay.

So I am posting to assist in what I have learned in fitting these rims to the Max, some owner insight... and actual pricing points.... to give you some idea of what can be done... on a shoestring budget.

The VMR V10 in Hyper Silver (Velocity Motoring Rims) were kept at 19 x 8.5 with 45 offset, replacing the original OEM rims with a 50 offset, to work with the existing SR model tires. The MIRO 111's were first choice, but they do not come in fitment for Nissan Maximas. The VMR is same design, with the very "deep" concave rims that seem to flow very well with the car. The rims finish is quite easy to keep clean so far. I will be selling the take offs.

Within the last year VMR rims finally made foreign fitment for Japanese vehicle specs... with the 5 x 114.3 fitment... Thank G-D.

VMR had not done any 8th gen Maximas yet. Took about 4 days to figure out where, and whom, to get the tires installed with, and how to do it, as most large tire chains WILL NOT fit tires, that need any spacers. Furthermore, they will not service the car at all. BTW, I have no problem driving this car through my local wash tunnel... something I had worried a bit about.

Locally we have a wash that now allows owners to pay 18-25$ per month for unlimited washes, in the same tunnel they use for manual washes.... and upon exit they have a party going over the car, with hand towels after a powerful blower exit.... which removes about 90 percent of the water. Owners can then park and have use of the vaccuums of significant power not seen available in the last 5 yrs. If you can find these they are fantastic, and astonished my friend from Los Angeles. No more grimy steering wheels!!! or stolen sunglasses, or worrying about rain.. or birds targeting the vehicle.

Ultimately, the center caps on the front would be pushed out using the VRM supplied caps or the original Nissans. We found that only the fronts needed a 3mm spacer, and the rear wheels were fine, without the issue or need, FYI.

In my opinion, these rims elevate the look of the car from the present japanese styling cues of black and chrome rims, a la Honda accords, civics, acura, etc... to a much more elegant exotic.

While I have not lowered the car, I debadged the back of it (leaving people to wonder what was in front of them, and had the Stillen rear diffuser, which Ferrari presently has on one or more of their models as shown. I have no problem or ANY envy parking next to a new Ferrari, which can be as much as $400,000 more than this Max. THe MAx is roomier, with bigger LCD screens, lower insurance, and I enjoy NOT driving in Write me up RED!) Ferrari's as new as a only couple of years ago, are looking like expensive dinosaurs of past inside of the artwork, without much of a trunk or backseat.... for the most basic needs at today's "buy it to last ten years" size products from stores like Costco etc.

For the money the diffuser is the 2nd best value for the buck, and mirrors the design styling of cars 3 to 4 times the price of this $40k window sticker car, which I leased at a negotiated price with rebates, bringing it down to $33,500. The diffuser actually sticks onto the existing factory diffuser, and there are 5 bolts to secure it... done by moy body shop in about 20 mins... for $100... but they did de-badge the rear included.

The car drives like a dream, and I can best describe the power curve as "silky smooth," elegant shifting w plenty of power for the money. As you all know the interior camel of "camel" is only available in the SR model. That color is best described by me as classic "Ferrari tan" interior color. The Alcantera suede mixed with leather is stunning, and the build quality, as well as design rivals most foreign exotics.

I sometimes kid my friends that I think I "underpaid about $30 grand" for this car!!! And forget about Italian or German cars... as my insurance must be similar to what a Dodge, Chrysler, fusion, or "Insert other" guzzler auto... slapped together with plastic dashes and mechanical issues would be. We really have the best here... a real diamond.

I bought hydrophobic and dirt averse alcantera/suede fabric protection spray, as well as the similar leather protector, all with UV protection, from "The chemical guys" online.. well worth it, and the leather protector worked well on the areas of the car interior that were plastic... ultimately reducing the dust and lint that seem to find their way to the dash every morning like there is some static. It is like there is a slick bond/barrier and now lint comes off much easier w a micro cloth.

The tint was a 5 percent tint, and there is some 3m film on the doors and under handles (approx, $600 value), all done by the dealer, as part of this deal.

The lease FYI is $335/mo (tier 1 credit) and there is no car that can come close to such a deal... because of the rebates ($3400 nissan and $1200 costco all under dealer list/cost). This is the "go price" for me.... as other local Nissan dealers bragging that they could deliver the car for less, can not beat it.

BTW is you build this car at Nissan's website, you will find that they do not include available discounts and the lease shows well over $500/mo for it.

I decided to lease... as it is my gut feeling that the new GTR's turbo Inline 4 cylinder, will eventually trickle down to the maxima in 3 to 5 yrs, bringing more power and mileage to the Maxima.

This is my first Nissan... and it is pure pleasure. The contrast stitching and diamond tufting pattern on the seats, is just 1 of the many things, besides tech, that sets this car far above any competitors for the $.

GREAT CHEAP EBAY fixes: The best aftermarket purchases are both the $17 Maxima center console tray with rubber, to avoid the incredibly unorganized deep well shortcoming they left us with; a $17 set of black carpet door 'Kick plate protectors" for all 4 doors (Felt Inside Door Shield Cover Scratch Kick Protector for NISSAN 2016 Maxima); and " buying a cheap "4 inch eyeglass cleaner spray bottle (empty and fill it with Turtle shields "dash and glass" fluid, I luckily tried, to clean finerprints from the navi screen, glass, and of course the dash) and micro cloth to put in the new console tray (Secondary Storage Center Console Tray for 2016-2017 Nissan Maxima). I also bought a retractable USB quick charge cord which is about 5 inches in total length (8$), to plug into the car's USB port, which perfectly closes to house and charge my Cell phone.

A Valentine V-1 radar of "only the latest software model" is mounted to the rear view mirror and is perhaps the only active radar that can alert of multiple bogies ahead or behind, or both, but the latest software is key as it is able to eliminate false radar from cars that have blind spot radar, including any false signals from your own car. I may install the remote accessory that fits under the speedometer ceiling... Blendmount makes the best mount, and on ebay they can be bought for half the $99+price of buying direct. Alerted me of double cop cars a quarter mile down the road today... so I have little fear of driving 80+ in a 60 mph limit. We have pretty open smooth roads, I know quite well...none of which have blind bends around here, and the police are still using K band... not laser here.... They are not very active.. but is good to know when they are.

BTW I have no idea why some of the thumbnails are upside down but when clicked on, they are not.

Brent
Rancho Mirage, CA
Attached Thumbnails 2017 SR Max Mod with exotic VMR V10 concave Rims-0402170123.jpg   2017 SR Max Mod with exotic VMR V10 concave Rims-0331171303.jpg   2017 SR Max Mod with exotic VMR V10 concave Rims-0331171854.jpg   2017 SR Max Mod with exotic VMR V10 concave Rims-0331171840.jpg   2017 SR Max Mod with exotic VMR V10 concave Rims-0401172114b-2.jpg  

2017 SR Max Mod with exotic VMR V10 concave Rims-0402170143.jpg  

Last edited by brentla; 04-08-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Most pics are upside down and ginormous...they go beyond the screen.

Try Photobucket.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for sharing your pics and info. Question on the kick panel protectors, only set I can find on eBay is $40 with shipping from a company outside the USA. Can you share more information on your purchase? I have a 2017 Maxima SR Thanks!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:14 PM

Here are my kick panel protector orer info from ebay. I think we have not alternative than ordering from outside the us:

They work and look great!!!

ORDER TOTAL
US $30.98
+ US $7.99
shipping
Order Felt Inside Door Shield Cover Scratch Kick Protector for NISSAN 2016

1 item sold by kmotors
Felt Inside Door Shield Cover Scratch Kick Protector for NISSAN 2016 Maxim
( ebay auction 172252004892 )
Old 04-23-2017, 05:54 PM

Do you have the original SR wheels for sale?
Old 04-23-2017, 06:26 PM

YES Max SR rims for sale

Yes I do. They are perfect and boxed ready for a prospective buyer.

If you are interested we could do something outside of the present list venue, and maybe make a deal on here. I did not post at this site as it appeared they did not want rims for sale posting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152512291812...84.m1555.l2649

Thanks for your interest,

Brent
Old 04-24-2017, 03:06 PM

Brent,

I just PM'd you. Let me know.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:55 AM
I drank what?

That is some serious grip to be able to hold the car while it's upside down...

Nice looking ride my friend.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Banned

Nice Ferrari...the Maxima is pretty bland by comparison.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 07-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

[QUOTE=brentla;9144474]This is a 2017 SR trim Max mod. One can go a bit crazy with spending $ on Mods, but I feels that the costs are warranted on these few. While lowering is possible in the future, the increased travel over bumps and curbs is fine with me, and less of a priority.

I am also looking for new wheels and am looking at Miro. You say that the Type 111 does not fit the max but it does. Maybe they added these after you were looking but they come in the 5 x 114.3 and 19 x 8.5. These rims look great and are a direct copy of the Volk G27 at about a third the cost. The only thing is the finish as I wanted is the Black Chrome not offered by Miro. You cant beat the price for a forged wheel and should fit over the new Akebono brake kit I am installing.

I will have a pristine set of 19 x 8 stock SV wheels for anyone wanting to upgrade. I just had them powder coated in a Dark Crystal grey and look brand new. No damage at all! Not sure yet on the price but I will take offers.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:42 PM

Congrats.... I really wanted the Miro's.... but they did not come in the fitment. Isee yur specs....double check on the offset as there is not much room when the wheels are turned all the way. My VMRs had a 45 offset and the factory sr rims had a 50 offset.

I can tell you that the VMRs stay really clean and barely need drying due to whatever coating they have. Post some pics when you are done. If I went any larger on the rims I used I think I would have had bigger problems in the install.... I am just happy that I was able to get it done after all the issues.