8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Key Fob Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Key Fob Issue

Hey guys I picked up my 2017 Maxima SR Midnight on Saturday. This morning I had a local shop hardwire my radar detector to my rearview mirror, I have had this done in my previous car because it doesnt clutter the dash. After having the radar hardwired, my keyfobs completely stopped working and I get a prompt on the screen saying "Key ID not detected." On top of that, my TPMS light came on and it wont give me a readout as to what the pressures are in the individual tires. The service manager at the dealership said the radar wire could be messing up the frequencies for the fobs as well as other parts of the car. Thoughts? Comments? Solutions? Please help!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:01 PM

unplug / turn off the radar detector
If it is hard wired can you still unplug from the back of the unit... if it is not plugged in / turned on and the problem still exists then it is not a frequency issue. It could be the wire they used to tap into for power... or completely unrelated.