8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Newbie curious on 16 or 17 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 07:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Newbie curious on 16 or 17 Maxima

Hi there

I currently drive a 08 Altima that ive put 190k miles on. I drive a lot for work and im about ready to trade it in.

I was convinced i was going to get in another Altima but i sat in a Maxima at the showroom and was really impressed.

I really want to treat myself and think i deserve a step up. One question i had- I love the interior but i almost felt too crammed. Has anyone ever felt claustrophobic in one?

I have a lot of space to move around in my Altima so it was odd to sit down in more of a bucket/cockpit.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:42 PM

It's a (sports car) I love mine fast and comfortable
Old 05-18-2017, 04:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

It is a bigger car but the interior like the OP said it is more of a cockpit interior. Im 6'2" and don't feel crammed at all. Its just a different style interior, more sports car like but very comfortable.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

My entire family owns Nissan products. I have owned 3 Titans (my latest being a 2010 LE 4X4), One of my daughters owns a '15 Altima, my other daughter owned a '07 Versan and recently upgraded to a 16 Sentra SR, and my wife and I just bought a "16 Maxima SR.

You can definitely tell the difference between an Altima and a Maxima. I feel that the Altima is great as a family car with some "sport" detailing whereas the Maxima leans more towards a sports car with some "family car" applications.

The Max has that pilot-centric cockpit feel and makes everything around you feel that it is within arm's reach and the Altima makes you feel more wide open with the spacious cabin for a car seat in the back and/or kid space to allow for watching movies and the like.

...hopes this helps
Old 05-18-2017, 11:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thats good feedback. My wife has a pathfinder and we use that for family stuff, but i bring the kids to school in the morning so its nice to have some room in the backseat

part of me things im settling for an Altima and the other part of me wants to do something for myself and treat myself to more "fun, sporty" car. im mid 30s and work hard and feel i deserve something nice.

Also, i like the look of a spoiler on the Max. What are your thoughts?
Old 05-18-2017, 05:16 PM

Well, since you already got the family car covered... why not go for the 370z
Old 05-19-2017, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by OJ5150
My entire family owns Nissan products. I have owned 3 Titans (my latest being a 2010 LE 4X4), One of my daughters owns a '15 Altima, my other daughter owned a '07 Versan and recently upgraded to a 16 Sentra SR, and my wife and I just bought a "16 Maxima SR.

You can definitely tell the difference between an Altima and a Maxima. I feel that the Altima is great as a family car with some "sport" detailing whereas the Maxima leans more towards a sports car with some "family car" applications.

The Max has that pilot-centric cockpit feel and makes everything around you feel that it is within arm's reach and the Altima makes you feel more wide open with the spacious cabin for a car seat in the back and/or kid space to allow for watching movies and the like.

...hopes this helps
Well said.