8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Katzkin / Degreez Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 07:18 PM

Katzkin / Degreez Seats

2017 Maxima S - I don't care for Leather but really missed the cooled seats from my 2013 Sport.

Installing Katzkin leather seats. I am looking for switched power 30 amps (Heating and Cooling. )
I doubt they actually draw 15 amps each, but that is the fuse they come with.I have been looking over the service manual, looking for a way to use the factory heated fuse - the two fuses are in place under the hood ( My S does not have heated seats .) I don't see any corresponding wires under the dash or under the seats.

It does not appear as the green switched power source at the back of the fuse box supplies enough power (unless it is relayed)

I was considering adding a add-a-fuse to an empty fuse location, to supply power to a relay, that is switched from another add a fuse on an empty switched fuse location... This would be completely reversible for warranty purposes.

Unless anyone knows if there is a switched fuse location that could supply at least 20 amps.

So far the seats look great. They are black leather and have the stock Pacific Blue stitching that matches the rest of the car.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:33 AM

Can you please post pics? Im looking at this as well. How much did this cast you and where did you get it through?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:12 PM

I did not take pics during installation... I have everything done ( I can get pictures of the seats )

I have a source that hooked me up on getting the seats... I am about $1400 into this...
I seriously doubt you can find them that cheap, they do not make a bulk kit for the max as most of them come with leather, so each kit is made to order. the Cooled option was $750... The company normally charges $550 for install.
Honestly - I should have paid them. I spent two weekends doing the install (one for the back seats and one for the front.) don't get me wrong I am getting better at it, but time is something I am short on right now.

Pics to follow.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:52 PM

A few pics.

Katzkin Front seat

Katzkin leather

Katzkin Back Seat

Pacific Blue Stitching

Maxima Katzkin / Degreez Switches

Last edited by dentnshell; 07-24-2017 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 07-24-2017, 06:57 PM

I have not cleaned them up since install... Need to add front trim piece... Just dang hot here in Oklahoma. This is the Vinyl / Leather combo... Most factory seats are a combination of vinyl and leather. I added the switches in roughly the factory location.. Dremel and a file. I still have not hooked up power to the heat / Cool part.