8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 01:16 PM

Michelin Pilot Sport 4

The OEM tires, GoodYear F1 asymmetricals became a noisy, harsh and bad performance on wet roads.

So, reading about the 4 best dry/wet performance tires in the market (Michelins, Continental, Pirellis), the brand new Pilot Sport 4 (OEM) 4s (replacement) seem the best option, and even more because they have 25% off over the regular price (introduction and summer promotion).

I purchase the 255 instead 245/40/19, staying within 1.2% of the diameter of the original tire, so no brake failures. I gain 1 cm of the tread pattern and a little in the sidewall height.

Resulting, more confortable and smooth ride, less harsh, minimal noise, excelent curve & corner grip and the accelarating & braking performance excelent. Maybe a placebo effect added, but no, these are a very good tires, IMHO....
Old 07-30-2017, 10:25 AM

I have Michelin Super Sports on my 370Z. The Goodyear OEM Tires that came on the Z were junk - Noisy, no grip and extreme wear (less than 10K). I tried the Hankooks for a while and they were pretty good. Then I tried (and still am on) the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the car is 10x better in stickiness, less noise, and far better wear...

Michelin Super Sports - highly recommended...
Old 07-30-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by dochidalgo
The OEM tires, GoodYear F1 asymmetricals became a noisy, harsh and bad performance on wet roads.

So, reading about the 4 best dry/wet performance tires in the market (Michelins, Continental, Pirellis), the brand new Pilot Sport 4 (OEM) 4s (replacement) seem the best option, and even more because they have 25% off over the regular price (introduction and summer promotion).

I purchase the 255 instead 245/40/19, staying within 1.2% of the diameter of the original tire, so no brake failures. I gain 1 cm of the tread pattern and a little in the sidewall height.

Resulting, more confortable and smooth ride, less harsh, minimal noise, excelent curve & corner grip and the accelarating & braking performance excelent. Maybe a placebo effect added, but no, these are a very good tires, IMHO....
From the 1950s until around the 1980s, I automatically changed to larger tires on every car I ever owned. This was primarily because vehicles of that era were almost always 'undertired.' If done carefully. it was always possible to greatly improve the performance, ride, control, looks and comfort with replacements. But, beginning with the 1985 model, Maximas have always come with tires that are a size and performance level that is satisfactory. But if I had purchased an SE, and decided I wanted a slightly more comfortable ride, a 255/40/19 size would give a more comfortable ride, give more rubber/grooves in contact with the road (better wet and dry road performance), and give longer wear than the SE OEM tires. dochidalgo and I think alike in the area of tires.

Of course modern cars sense tire rotation in controlling some of the modern safety systems, so this must be done carefully, with outer diameter remaining fairly close to the OEM tires.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:20 AM

You answered my question I just asked myself this morning about the michelin sport 4's. Where did you get them for this promotion?
Old 07-31-2017, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by TSIMS_SR
You answered my question I just asked myself this morning about the michelin sport 4's. Where did you get them for this promotion?
Glad to help you decide...

The summer and introduction sale, ends today in all the Mexico´s Michelin dealers....