8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

No Android auto, screw you Nissan, quick fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 12:41 PM

No Android auto, screw you Nissan, quick fix

I'm so tired of Nissan not supporting Android auto that I had to do something about it. I used two small strips of velcro tape on the back of a Kindle HD tablet, and then just attached it to the side of the radio screen, and voila, now I have Android Google Play music on my auto. The only thing is that you have to download the playlist to the tablet to play it, it's a wifi-only so there's no way to get maps to work. I am able to control it the volume and changing sounds for the steering wheel, or I just volume as you can see on the actual **** on the radio itself. Then take it off when I get to work, and hide it away so it doesn't get stolen. Drove for 45 minutes with the screen on the whole time and just lost 8% of the battery while playing. My Galaxy S8 phone is still pair via Bluetooth on the background for the incoming calls.

Ian B
Attached Thumbnails No Android auto, screw you Nissan, quick fix-20170801_132419.jpg  
Old 08-01-2017, 11:15 PM

I just have my tab mounted in the cd slot via magnet mount. I don't want to block my main screen b/c the cameras. I actually like it alot this way.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:21 AM

link me to the cd magnet you are using please. Also, how much does it block the a/c air coming through.

Ian B
Old 08-02-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ian B
link me to the cd magnet you are using please. Also, how much does it block the a/c air coming through.

Ian B
Amazon Amazon

I've tried 5 different cd magnet mounts and this one was the best, they have other ones that are a little less bulky but this one is doesnt move at all, super stable.

As far as the A/C goes , It still reaches me fine, I never noticed a difference.. I've used this setup for ~6months
Old 08-02-2017, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by punkfs
https://www.amazon.com/Koomus-Magnet...omus+cd+magnet

I've tried 5 different cd magnet mounts and this one was the best, they have other ones that are a little less bulky but this one is doesnt move at all, super stable.

As far as the A/C goes , It still reaches me fine, I never noticed a difference.. I've used this setup for ~6months
Thanks my local Frys has it for $12.99 Gonna pick up a tmobile LG G pad X 8.0 and put it in their 2gb $20/month plan. I want android auto one way or another.

Thanks,

Ian B
Old 08-03-2017, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ian B
Thanks my local Frys has it for $12.99 Gonna pick up a tmobile LG G pad X 8.0 and put it in their 2gb $20/month plan. I want android auto one way or another.

Thanks,

Ian B
Nice! Yeah, I have an ipad mini from tmobile got locked on an unlimited plan for 20$ a month