8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

2018 Maxima NISMO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 01:27 PM

2018 Maxima NISMO?

Say its not so? If this is true I am going to cry! I just read up on this and was wondering if this thing is really coming out? We just bought our new Platinum in June.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:22 PM

Where are you hearing about this?
Old 08-01-2017, 04:37 PM

FWIW: "Maxima: The large sedan was redesigned for 2016 and will have no changes for 2018."

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...%20at%20nissan
Old 08-01-2017, 05:17 PM

What can they honestly do with a Nismo Maxima? The FWD platform has probably reached its power limit, it can't handle any more without AWD. Add a couple of fancy trim prices? No thanks. Racing stripes? No thanks. Automatic transmission? Won't happen. Lowered, sporty suspension? Get the SR.

I don't think they'll make one; I just don't the benefit or possibilities.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild
Say its not so? If this is true I am going to cry! I just read up on this and was wondering if this thing is really coming out? We just bought our new Platinum in June.
With your luck the 2018 Maxima Nismo you purchased would come with...wait for it...2017 navigation map installed from the factory.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Source of info would be nice. Until then, I'm raising the flag as I really don't see this happening.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:46 PM

If you guys google 2018 Nissan Maxima Nismo you get various hits. But the sources don't look all to credible imo.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:17 PM

most likely, fan renditions. making it nismo would probably just have red appliques, vr engine (will def kill q60 sales) ... a 10-speed tranny, aggressive body design, and more gauges!!!
maxima R?
one can only dream.

so, no. i doubt they will make a maxima nismo.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:18 PM

I don't see a NISMO Maxima. I think Nissan stays with its previous plan of a significant 8.5 midgen upgrade with the 2021 model year, followed by the release of the 9th gen Maxima with either the 2023 or 2024 model year.

Nissan must be careful here, as the radically restyled new gen Altima will be a big seller.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I don't see a NISMO Maxima. I think Nissan stays with its previous plan of a significant 8.5 midgen upgrade with the 2021 model year, followed by the release of the 9th gen Maxima with either the 2023 or 2024 model year.

Nissan must be careful here, as the radically restyled new gen Altima will be a big seller.
Hey, do you have any credible source where nissan wants to stay with previous plans and future plans for maximas? With as you said 2021, 2023 and 2024 models?

Also, the new Altima isn't a radically restyled vehicle. Only exterior is charged a bit and it's terrible in my opinion. Interior is the same as 2013 (I had one for 4 years) maybe minor changes of seats nothing else. Gas milage was amazing for my 2013.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by blazinhassan
Hey, do you have any credible source where nissan wants to stay with previous plans and future plans for maximas? With as you said 2021, 2023 and 2024 models?

Also, the new Altima isn't a radically restyled vehicle. Only exterior is charged a bit and it's terrible in my opinion. Interior is the same as 2013 (I had one for 4 years) maybe minor changes of seats nothing else. Gas milage was amazing for my 2013.
I have nothing official. I am basing my comments on 33 years of owning nothing but Maximas, reading everything I can find about Maximas, noticing how Nissan has handled the Maxima over its lifespan, trips to the assembly plant in Smyrna, reading things that have been posted here by a few posters who are in better position than I am at knowing Nissan's plans, chatting with the gentleman who owns the three Nissan dealerships nearest to me, and occasional contact with two folks working at Nissan headquarters in Franklin, TN. Nissan has made it clear they were extending the period between releases of new generations, especially with low-volume vehicles such as the Maxima, and gave us the logical reasons why.

But the reality is that automotive evolvement can be tenuous, and can sometimes be as much reaction to the market as it is advance planning. There will always be some changes to any long-laid automotive plans.

Sometimes, external factors can change plans. The newer, much stiffer government fleet fuel efficiency requirements mean there will necessarily eventually need to be major changes in the power source of the Maxima.

Over the last decade or more, there have been many posters here who felt the Maxima role was disappearing, and I always took issue with them. But I try to keep an open mind, and realize that, as market situations ebb and flow, there is no car that can be guaranteed to always remain in production. I can only hope the Maxima lives on through the rest of my existence, which, being nearer age 100 than age 65, won't be forever.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:50 AM

I don't see the Maxima disappearing any time soon, if only because of the name itself, which is probably one of the most successful in the business. It would be just stupid from a marketing perspective for Nissan to terminate the Maxima line.