8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Hey guys , quick question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey guys , quick question

I have the 2017 maxima , I never really paid attention to how the stiff the steering is in this car. Recently , there have been times where I feel like I’m getting a tricep work out just to turn the wheel . I’ve taken the car to the shop and they were only able to duplicate the problem that I’m experiencing one time. Basically told me to come pick the car up and report it if it has any issues again .

My question is , have any of you noticed the stiff steering ?

Thanks

P.S I’m aware of luxury vs sport steering . I just feel like my car is EXTRA stiff , if that makes sense .
Old 08-03-2017, 12:52 PM

You need to let member CNTRT drive your car, as he posted this :"You can unplug the power steering? **** I might try that so that I get a manual steering kind of heavy feel. Mine feels too light..."
Old 08-03-2017, 06:17 PM

Does it tend to happen when accelerating, especially out of a turn? What you are describing sounds like torque steer, which I have noticed is pretty pronounced under certain circumstances in this car. Welcome a high output FWD car.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:58 PM

Yep... Let's trade. Mine was nice and heavy for the first week, now it's way too light
Old 08-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have 1 month with my Max and I love my stiff steering wheel.. wouldn't complain about that. Unless it's to the point that I need two hands to make a full turn or the wheel won't turn fully then that's a problem. But a lil stiff n sturdy driving is fun.