Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   8th Generation Maxima (2016-) (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016-88/)
-   -   Stillen Cold Air Intake and Exhaust (https://maxima.org/forums/8th-generation-maxima-2016/699084-stillen-cold-air-intake-exhaust.html)

punkfs 12-01-2017 10:37 AM

Quick question , after installing the intake I did a scan of my car noticed a maf code, no engine light or anything . Do I need to do anything to resolve it or will it clear on it’s own?https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....8b4910f20.jpeg

dochidalgo 12-01-2017 10:48 AM

Your scanner could erase it....
More air flow out of range, the ECM will relearn to adjust the Air/Fuel ratio, hence no better MPG....more HPs = less MPG...

punkfs 12-01-2017 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by dochidalgo (Post 9163646)
Your scanner could erase it....
More air flow out of range, the ECM will relearn to adjust the Air/Fuel ratio, hence no better MPG....more HPs = less MPG...

right. So it should clear itself later on/ I don’t need to worry about it anyways. Can’t clear it myself btw

thanks for the helphttps://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/maxima....2ad8f80a2.jpeg

kasdepwel 12-02-2017 05:38 AM

Have you bought the intake with oiled filter or with the dry one? Oiled filters are known to throw codes.

punkfs 12-22-2017 12:48 AM

So far liking the combo, want it a little louder hmm, tempted to delete the resonator but not sure if it will sound good or be obnoxious

rhythm302 05-01-2019 01:25 PM

This is absolutely incorrect, the Stillen Intake taps into the existing fresh air inlet and will not be drawing in hot air, you will gain 8 to 10 HP

Originally Posted by Roddy13 (Post 9160021)
The intake wont gain you anything. It will cause you to loose power. It will draw hot air from the engine compartment and likely will hurt your gas mileage.

Nissan put a lot of work into getting this revised VQ to run cooler, you are best off with a drop in filter, or waiting for an actual cold air intake.

robtroxel 05-01-2019 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by rhythm302 (Post 9201035)
This is absolutely incorrect, the Stillen Intake taps into the existing fresh air inlet and will not be drawing in hot air, you will gain 8 to 10 HP

Glad to hear the outside fresh air is in the loop on this add on. Still (no pun intended) I wonder if they is REALLY any measurable difference other than making more induction noise. I still say, "wrong car" to cowboy up.

rhythm302 05-01-2019 03:03 PM

From every report I have read on this Intake, their is a noticeable increase, better throttle response and of course it is louder, I did a lot of research on this before I made the decision to buy, It is the only one I could find that is CARB Exempt. I will install it this weekend so I will let you know. I get the "wrong car" to cowboy up comment, the car is pretty cool as is and you don't really need to Mod it up. Despite that fact I have decided to add the Stillen CAI and Axle Back Exhaust because I want the sound that comes with it. The added performance boost is also a benefit. Hell if I don't like it I can always just put the factory airbox back on, it isn't like it is a hard install or anything like that. I like the fact that it taps in the factory cold air tube.

These Mods by Stillen also don't require any special tuning, so why not?

Originally Posted by robtroxel (Post 9201042)
Glad to hear the outside fresh air is in the loop on this add on. Still (no pun intended) I wonder if they is REALLY any measurable difference other than making more induction noise. I still say, "wrong car" to cowboy up.

robtroxel 05-01-2019 03:32 PM

In the end, if it makes you happy, that is a good thing. I look forward to hearing what your driving impressions are after these mods are complete.

blazinhassan 05-01-2019 03:56 PM

I’ve had the intake for over a year. Don’t feel any power gains but the sound is nice. There is absolutely no 8-10 horsepower gain. That’s horse****. Tbh

rhythm302 05-03-2019 11:43 AM

Has anyone ever heard of or had issues with water being sucked up through the Stillen Air Intake? Just curious because we get a lot of flooding here in Texas.

blazinhassan 05-04-2019 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by rhythm302 (Post 9201234)
Has anyone ever heard of or had issues with water being sucked up through the Stillen Air Intake? Just curious because we get a lot of flooding here in Texas.

no Issues at all

rhythm302 05-14-2019 07:48 AM

That's funny, I noticed a power increase on the bottom end, and better gas millage, it took a few days for the ECU to adjust, but after a couple days I noticed a difference.

rhythm302 05-14-2019 07:51 AM

So far I like it! I installed the Intake this weekend, and it sounds great, and I also noticed a power boost on the low end, didn't really notice anymore power under full throttle but on the low end yes, also better throttle response, it took a couple days for the ECU to adjust but after that it is great! I also noticed better gas mileage, my average MPG went from 22 to 23 after a couple days.

I cant wait to install the Exhaust now.

rhythm302 05-14-2019 07:53 AM

My Gas Mileage improved from and average of 22 to an average of 23 MPG after the ECU adjusted. I also noticed more power on the low end.

rhythm302 05-14-2019 07:57 AM

I installed the Stillen Intake over the weekend and cant wait to install the Axel Back Exhaust, I noticed better Gas mileage, better sound and more power on the bottom end after the ECU had time to adjust. I would say it is worth every penny!

Nmax5150 05-14-2019 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by rhythm302 (Post 9201035)

That is incorrect as well.. Stillen intake will NOT make 8 to 10 hp.. Do they acutally have a real dyno sheet to look at? Cvt is hard to map a hp and tq number...

Stillen intakes are crap as with most of their overpriced Chinese made stuff...lol

punkfs 05-14-2019 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by rhythm302 (Post 9201869)
I installed the Stillen Intake over the weekend and cant wait to install the Axel Back Exhaust, I noticed better Gas mileage, better sound and more power on the bottom end after the ECU had time to adjust. I would say it is worth every penny!

def worth it, loved the sound combo of the stillen exhaust and intake on my max. get a pedal commander too :

rhythm302 05-15-2019 08:27 AM

well considering that Stillen is Made in the USA

Just saying

Crisisx1 10-20-2019 07:49 PM

I just ordered the stillen intake. Does anyone have the pdf installation instructions? Thanks.

The Wizard 10-20-2019 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by blazinhassan (Post 9201053)
I’ve had the intake for over a year. Don’t feel any power gains but the sound is nice. There is absolutely no 8-10 horsepower gain. That’s horse****. Tbh

Old post, but since this thread was resurrected, I will say that it's hard to feel 8 to 10hp on the butt dyno... It generally takes about 20-25hp to be felt on the butt dyno....

The Wizard 10-20-2019 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Crisisx1 (Post 9211283)
I just ordered the stillen intake. Does anyone have the pdf installation instructions? Thanks.

If you ordered it from Stillen, it will come with instructions. There instructions are generally very good.

rhythm302 10-21-2019 08:45 AM

It comes with Installation instructions

Cabrinha 10-29-2019 06:00 AM

Stolen cat back

Have a 2017 SR. Installed a Stillen cat back. Also installed a Y pipe. Stock Y pipe is very restrictive. Y pipe they claim 15-20 pounds of torque extra. But ya you will notice great improvement . My best gas mileage I got so far is like 32 mpg. But also have a ODB chip. Think that helped a bit

kasdepwel 10-29-2019 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cabrinha (Post 9211672)
Have a 2017 SR. Installed a Stillen cat back. Also installed a Y pipe. Stock Y pipe is very restrictive. Y pipe they claim 15-20 pounds of torque extra. But ya you will notice great improvement . My best gas mileage I got so far is like 32 mpg. But also have a ODB chip. Think that helped a bit

Dont wanna rain on your parade, but the y-pipe do not add 15-20 ft-pds of torque, and the OBD chip does nothing to this car. The only way to tune the 8th gen would be Uprev but it's support is not confirmed yet.

Cabrinha 10-29-2019 08:28 AM

Stillen

What’s that uprev all about? Ya not sure about 15-20 pounds but it’s definitely quicker than stock 17’s can the computers on these cars be remapped? Any idea?

kasdepwel 10-29-2019 08:30 AM

Uprev is the license you have to buy to tune your ECU, they are the only one available for the 7th gen. They are also said to have limited support for the early 8th gens. I got the y-pipe with a borla catback, and it definitely feels faster by a bit.

SMOKESCREEN 10-29-2019 12:04 PM

I’m running the oiled Stillen intake and Stillen cat back exhaust on a 17 SR (and their rear sway bar for what it’s worth). Car feels peppier in traffic which is great but the real thing that puts a smile on my face is how she sounds now.

Cabrinha 10-29-2019 01:45 PM

Stillen pipe

Totally agree with you. Love it myself. I removed the silencer tube in front of air filter box and running a dry foam air filter. Not sure if I’m gonna bother buying a Stillen cold air. Just trying to find some bolt ins to wake it up a bit more. Have you thought of remapping computer? Or is it even worth it?

ENGINE2MAXIMA 10-30-2019 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cabrinha (Post 9211720)
Totally agree with you. Love it myself. I removed the silencer tube in front of air filter box and running a dry foam air filter. Not sure if I’m gonna bother buying a Stillen cold air. Just trying to find some bolt ins to wake it up a bit more. Have you thought of remapping computer? Or is it even worth it?

Silencer tube? Do you mean the tube that brings in fresh air from the outside, I wouldn't remove that.