8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Hideaway front license plate bracket

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 09:39 PM

Hideaway front license plate bracket

If you live in a state where you need to display a front plate, but don't like the look of the front grille being broken up with a license plate interrupting the design...

I haven't had my front plate on my car since I got it a few months ago, because I think a big orange NY plate breaks up the continuity of the aggressive design of the grille. I don't get problems while driving, but while parked, even with the plate on the dash, meter maids (vultures) have written me a few tickets.

So this is my solution... I can have the plate tucked away except when parked on the street, where I can just slide it forward and flip it up, so my plate will be legally displayed when those meter maids walk by.

Just figured I'd post it up in case anyone else feels similarly about the look of the front grille...

I had to modify the plastic cover behind the bumper a little (cut out a notch for the bracket), and I measured once (the saying goes "measure twice and cut once"), and it ended up being slightly off center as you can see in the pic. Good thing is, the bracket is slotted, so re-drilling holes in the bumper to accommodate for a slight movement of the bracket to get it centered should be a piece of cake. It doesn't bother me much because its only for when I'm parked on the street but yeah... Here are the pics:

Old 09-21-2017, 11:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thats pretty clever. So it just flips up on a switch or you have to manually move it?
Old 09-22-2017, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by BluePearl
Thats pretty clever. So it just flips up on a switch or you have to manually move it?
The company that makes it offers a manual version and a motorized version that works with a key fob. I got the manual one because it's the cheapest.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:26 AM

This is the product... This vid shows the motorized one and the manual one... I got the manual one, from eBay

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nv32Z8lg4F4
Old 09-22-2017, 07:00 PM

That is cool!!!! I wish i can do the back like james bond electric! ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘
Old 09-22-2017, 08:28 PM

thats nice, thanks