8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Eibach on stock struts

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 06:52 PM

Eibach on stock struts

Hey everyone...

Considering the Eibach Prokit for my 2017 Maxima S... Since I'm keeping the car I might as well try to make the handling/steering as tight as possible....

Anyway, I've read that putting progressive rate springs on stock struts is not advisable because the spring rates and the shock rates are different, thus, while making the car "tighter", it will lesson the mechanical grip that can actually be used in high speed handling.

1. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

2. For anyone who has lowered their car on these springs, which ones did you install (the ones for the Altima or the ones for the 7th gen Max... What part number)?

3. And how many miles have you put on since then? And how is everything holding up? The ride... The handling, etc.?

Thanks
Old 11-08-2017, 07:55 PM

1. it is true, that it is not good using lowering/progressive springs with oem struts. but since, eibach states using factory dampers, i wouldn’t worry too much. it takes a lot to state that and not risk reputation if it affects the car negatively.

2. i just looked up 2013 altima and 2016 maxima, and they have the same part number (#63115.140), even the 2017. and front camber bolts installed.

3. i think i have almost 45k miles on it. ride is nice, grip is great. i hate bumps on the fwy lol. barely rolls on turns with higher than normal speeds. there is approx. 5” x 4” tire scrapes on the wheel well covers, probably when i do u-turns. oh, and i lost that small plastic piece that is riveted on the wheel well cover on the driverside... forgot there was a tire stop.

hope that helped answer your q’s.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by BlakMaxiJoey
1. it is true, that it is not good using lowering/progressive springs with oem struts. but since, eibach states using factory dampers, i wouldn’t worry too much. it takes a lot to state that and not risk reputation if it affects the car negatively.

2. i just looked up 2013 altima and 2016 maxima, and they have the same part number (#63115.140), even the 2017. and front camber bolts installed.

3. i think i have almost 45k miles on it. ride is nice, grip is great. i hate bumps on the fwy lol. barely rolls on turns with higher than normal speeds. there is approx. 5” x 4” tire scrapes on the wheel well covers, probably when i do u-turns. oh, and i lost that small plastic piece that is riveted on the wheel well cover on the driverside... forgot there was a tire stop.

hope that helped answer your q’s.
That did help. Thank you for the info.

There are camber bolts for the front of the 8th gen? I've been looking for camber/caster adjustment kits for the front of our 8th gen! I think being able to adjust the front caster/camber can help my steering feel. Do you have the info on the camber bolts you're referring to? You have them installed on your 8th gen?
Old 11-08-2017, 09:50 PM

I’ve had several vehicles with eibachs and stock struts and honestly never had one issue with any of the vehicles. Idk about other brands but eibach is gd stuff.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by CNTRT
Do you have the info on the camber bolts you're referring to? You have them installed on your 8th gen?
i used eibach brand: 5.81260K.

without it, the camber is not bad, adjustment is at the end of range of factory setup.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:32 AM

without it, the camber is not bad, adjustment is at the end of range of factory setup.
Nice! I've been looking for camber adjustment kits for the 8th gen Maxima and I haven't found anything. Whenever I search specifically for our cars, the websites say "no matches found".

im on stock suspension but I've had some steering feel issues, so im happy that there is a camber bolt kit that actually works. I wish there was a way of adjusting front caster a bit as well in our cars....
Old 11-10-2017, 03:37 PM

That was for the front camber bolts correct? Did you add camber bolts to the rear too? Thanks
Old 11-11-2017, 01:31 AM

the rear are not bolts, but (upper arms?) instead.
don’t know why not have it like the front.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:11 AM

the rear are not bolts, but (upper arms?) instead.
don’t know why not have it like the front.
oh ok. So you had to get adjustable upper arms for the rear?
Old 11-16-2017, 12:58 PM

Thanks for the info! I got the bolts today. Going to use them and get an alignment to tune the camber with the current factory suspension right now.