8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

How to fix radio station channel

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 10:24 PM

How to fix radio station channel

Hello everyone,

I have just noticed when I turn on my car, the music that is playing on Sirius XM has the same station on everytime I turn on my car. But before turning off my car, the radio station is on a different channel. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Old 11-13-2017, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jlkoh102812
Hello everyone,

I have just noticed when I turn on my car, the music that is playing on Sirius XM has the same station on everytime I turn on my car. But before turning off my car, the radio station is on a different channel. Does anyone know how to fix it?
what?
Old 11-13-2017, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by NisCal17
what?

He turns the car off with satellite on channel 1, 2, 44, 123...whatever,

When he starts the car it always goes back to channel X, regardless of what channel it was tuned to when he turned the car off.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:16 PM

Yes lol sorry for the confusion.
Does anyone know how to fix it?
Old 11-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Dab

Check your settings and see if you have your channel settings to start with the same channel. It is kind of like time warner cable everytime you turn on the TV it goes back to the same channel but you can change the settings and disable this setting.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:50 PM

I dont know which settings to go to...
Old 11-13-2017, 11:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Jlkoh102812
Hello everyone,

Mine does the same thing. I don’t listen to the radio much so I just noticed it. I’m gonna mess with the settings now, I’ll let you know if I figure it out.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher
He turns the car off with satellite on channel 1, 2, 44, 123...whatever,

When he starts the car it always goes back to channel X, regardless of what channel it was tuned to when he turned the car off.

Never had this issue. I usually listen to Howard Stern and whenever I get into car Howard Stern is alway talking
Old 11-15-2017, 02:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

This is quite strange
Old 11-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Iv'e had the car over a year and the station I turned the car off with always came back on when I restarted the car. I had a problem with the new Nissan Connect app. and they told me to bring car to dealer to make sure the TCU is turned on- so I did, and they said it was on --- now when restarting the car the same Xm radio channel comes back on- not the one I turned car off with.
Brought car back to dealer - they have no idea how to correct -- Time to move up the ladder!!! It pisses me off because when I restart car it come on with channel 99 SIrius which is the dirty comedy channel - not always appropriate with kids in car!!
Old 11-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have this same issue that started this week. I'm usually listening to Stern on my way to work. So it's on when i turn the car off. Auto start from the office at lunch, come out and can hear the bass pounding. Get in and it's always on channel 44. Been every time I get in for 3 days now.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I chatted with Sirius today and they told me that it’s a “convenience” that they offer. If you’re listening to any station that could have adult content it will default to something else (in my case the preview channel) when the car is turned back on. I told him I was on the coffeehouse station when it reset though, so that doesn’t apply. He ignored that and said they do this so that it isn’t playing adult content when the car is started in case someone is in there that wouldn’t want to hear it. I told them I didn’t want this and wanted to change it. He said he had no idea how to turn it off. Chatted with someone else at Sirius who also had no idea how to turn it off. Hopefully someone can figure it out.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Radio Station

Sirus is wrong!! it's not defaulting to a more appropriate channel
Old 11-20-2017, 09:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by CKboater
Sirus is wrong!! it's not defaulting to a more appropriate channel
Not only that, but it defaults to something else even if it’s not on an inappropriate chanel to begin with. Every Sirius rep I talk to says something different. Not getting much help from them.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:57 AM

I noticed this in my 2016 SL Pathfinder but it is after I turned on the link to key feature I have my keys for the car and my wife has her's when I start the car with my keys it goes to the stations I set on the radio and its always the last station I programmed on the radio. So it has to be the key feature that is doing it. its in the settings on the cluster. Hope that helps
Old 11-20-2017, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by unreal2k1
I noticed this in my 2016 SL Pathfinder but it is after I turned on the link to key feature I have my keys for the car and my wife has her's when I start the car with my keys it goes to the stations I set on the radio and its always the last station I programmed on the radio. So it has to be the key feature that is doing it. its in the settings on the cluster. Hope that helps

wow! Nice contribution. I will try that too.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:40 PM

mine started this 3 days ago.. on cnn.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:18 PM

I've had my Maxima since April 2016. She now has 18,850 miles on her. My radio started this a while back....then stopped....now has resumed doing it. IT IS DRIVING ME ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!! Takes the radio so long to synchronize after restarting the car, I have to listen to a station THAT I NEVER WOULD for over a minute before it'll let me change the dang channel!

I have tried everything I can think of to remedy the problem. There IS NO setting anywhere for it. I never enabled nor DISabled anything, yet it has returned and persists. I have done the SiriusXM radio refresh...didn't help at all.

SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE POST THE SOLUTION TO THIS!!!
Old 03-04-2018, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by FB16MAX
I chatted with Sirius today and they told me that it’s a “convenience” that they offer. If you’re listening to any station that could have adult content it will default to something else (in my case the preview channel) when the car is turned back on. I told him I was on the coffeehouse station when it reset though, so that doesn’t apply. He ignored that and said they do this so that it isn’t playing adult content when the car is started in case someone is in there that wouldn’t want to hear it. I told them I didn’t want this and wanted to change it. He said he had no idea how to turn it off. Chatted with someone else at Sirius who also had no idea how to turn it off. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

Did you ever find out anything else about this or get it resolved? Driving my crazy and (of course) SiriusXM has been useless as far as helping me. They tell me to take it to the dealership. Mins started doing this after about a year of ownership. Now switches the station it resumes playing....still never even a station that I listen to. I have NEVER turned any setting on nor off to cause this...IN FACT, I can't even FIND any driver/key/user/radio setting TO turn on or off. The fact that it is varying the stations it resumes playing indicated to me that it's certainly a PROGRAMMING ISSUE coming from them and NOT a function of my radio nor any setting in my car.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any update to this? My wife and I bought a '16 Maxima Platinum last week and every time the car is turned on, the radio defaults to the same Sirius country station. I tried disabling the Key-Linked feature so the car wold no longer recognize the key being used, but it didn't work.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:33 AM

After having my Platinum for 2 years, I can say that this is most DEFINITELY a programming things from Sirius. There is nothing that you can set/enable/disable that will affect it in any way. Mine has intermittently started and stopped doing this several times. I recently sent Sirius MULTIPLE complaints and requests for them to STOP doing this....no idea IF that made any difference, however mine just stopped doing it again about 2 weeks ago. Also (related?) my radio now “connects” to the satellite and allows me to change the station within seconds of starting the car (as it USED TO DO) rather than forcing me to wait over a minute and a half...like it does when the “auto-station” crap is ongoing. My advice is that we should ALL POUND SIRIUS with complaint and requests to STOP sending that damn signal out every time it starts back up.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:46 PM

Key link on says it remembers the settings you last had. Sirius can shuffle the channels around and change your presets to follow the change, but I've never had them change the startup channels to something different - at least on the old 2010 premium. On the new SR its been starting up with what it last had, even before I enabled key link. I think the Sirius guy is just telling you he doesn't know so he's just parroting the existing situation so he doesn't have to think.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Radio frequency problems

This is something I have been trying to get some help with. I recently bought a 2018 midnight SR USA soecs. Weirdly enough, the radio frequency only toggles through odd numbers (87.1 87.3 87.5 etc) and wont go to 87.2 87.4 and so on. I believe thats the case with all maxima which are usa specs coz i checked a couple of cars with the same type of radio. Since i live in the UAE and we have most radio stations at even number frequencies (104.4 103.8 etc) i was wondering if there is a cheap fix for resetting or reprogramming the radio so it goes to all frequencies. Coz its definitely a software fix. The hardware can't be limited to only alternative frequencies. If somone could help me with that plz.