8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Hit a raccoon

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 03:23 PM

Hit a raccoon

While dropping off a friend at PHL, I hit a raccoon. Didn't see it till the last min since it was dark out and I was going around a corner. I do have a dash cam footage of it but idk if it'll be appropriate to upload that on here.

Nevertheless, the damage seems to be minimal and was wondering how much do you guys think it'll cost me to fix the chrome below the grill and the fog light housing. It does look like it's missing a few screws/clips.

Here are the pictures:

Old 11-27-2017, 04:16 PM

Oh, feel sorry .

Seems like the chrome trim is a part of the whole grill assembly Part Number:62310-4RA0B average price $250 not including labor. As for fog lamps it seems to be ok.. but screws usually don’t pop out it’s probably been ripped from the hole.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:10 PM

not a raccoon

here's my brand new (at the time, September 2014) Maxima after hitting a deer at 70 MPH on (interstate 95 in Stonington, CT. Never saw her- she was coming down from a jump, trying to clear my car. 18K in damage, and the car- only had 6K miles on her- was repaired- and traded in three weeks ago on the new pearl white SR...Bambi didn't make it, sadly....
Attached Thumbnails Hit a raccoon-deer-2.jpg   Hit a raccoon-deer-3.jpg   Hit a raccoon-deer-4.jpg   Hit a raccoon-deer-5.jpg  
Old 12-10-2017, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by NisCal17
Oh, feel sorry .

Seems like the chrome trim is a part of the whole grill assembly Part Number:62310-4RA0B average price $250 not including labor. As for fog lamps it seems to be ok.. but screws usually don’t pop out it’s probably been ripped from the hole.
Thanks for find that part for me. I'll probably have to order it and have a local shop install it for me. Yeah, I'm not sure if it was a screw or a clip that tore off the bottom of the housing. But hopefully I can just pop the fog lights back out.

Originally Posted by denoose
here's my brand new (at the time, September 2014) Maxima after hitting a deer at 70 MPH on (interstate 95 in Stonington, CT. Never saw her- she was coming down from a jump, trying to clear my car. 18K in damage, and the car- only had 6K miles on her- was repaired- and traded in three weeks ago on the new pearl white SR...Bambi didn't make it, sadly....
Damn! That looks bad! $18k? Should've just salvaged it at that point. How did it drive after the repairs?
Old 12-10-2017, 06:08 PM

I put 65K trouble free miles on that car after the accident, and traded it for a '17 SR six weeks ago...I think I was the only one who could tell she wasn't quite right, however it tracked and ran beautifully, but I knew she had been pretty well bruised..nothing tangible, but known to me...interesting, here in CT, a deer strike is just that, it is not written up as an accident, and my deductible dropped to $100.00...
Old 12-23-2017, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by DESICHARM718
While dropping off a friend at PHL, I hit a raccoon. Didn't see it till the last min since it was dark out and I was going around a corner. I do have a dash cam footage of it but idk if it'll be appropriate to upload that on here.

Nevertheless, the damage seems to be minimal and was wondering how much do you guys think it'll cost me to fix the chrome below the grill and the fog light housing. It does look like it's missing a few screws/clips.

Here are the pictures:

So how did the story end?
Old 12-24-2017, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by NisCal17
So how did the story end?
If he does not answer, we can safely assume the raccoons family avenged his death. Happens all the time!