8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

climate control too hot

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 09:07 AM

climate control too hot

New maxima owner with only 1500 miles on my car.

I'm seeing an issue with the climate control and I am wondering if anyone has seen anything similar.
If I set the climate control to 60 then the air comes out cold. On my altima when I would set it to 62, it would come out a little bit warmer than 60. On my maxima when I set the temp control to 62 it seems like the air coming out is really warm, probably around 80 degrees.

I'm wondering if this is a simple fix or is this normal when the interior of the car is really cold? My concern is that the dealer is going to need to rip apart the dashboard to fix this and this always concerns me since I figure things might not be replaced properly.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:49 AM

I'm not sure if I am totally understanding your question, but the output air temp from the climate control system is totally dependent on the ambient air temp inside the car in relationship to the set temp of the climate control system. If you set the temp at 60 and the inside temp of the car is 50, hot air is going to come out. Conversely, if you set the temp at 60 and the inside temp of the car is 90, cold air will come out. The temp you set is not supposed to be the temp of the output air, it is the intended temp that you want the ambient air to be. The climate control system will automatically vary the output air temp in order to reach and keep the inside air temp as close as possible to what you have the temp set to.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:58 PM

I'll have to measure the temp but when the outside temp is 40ish

control set to 60 has cold air coming out. I would guess that it just uses direct outside air and is probably actually colder than 60.
control set to 62 has much warmer air coming out ( I would guess the air is high 70s)
Old 11-28-2017, 01:37 PM

Do you set the dial to 60 then press "auto"?
Old 11-28-2017, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mark090852
I'm not sure if I am totally understanding your question, but the output air temp from the climate control system is totally dependent on the ambient air temp inside the car in relationship to the set temp of the climate control system. If you set the temp at 60 and the inside temp of the car is 50, hot air is going to come out. Conversely, if you set the temp at 60 and the inside temp of the car is 90, cold air will come out. The temp you set is not supposed to be the temp of the output air, it is the intended temp that you want the ambient air to be. The climate control system will automatically vary the output air temp in order to reach and keep the inside air temp as close as possible to what you have the temp set to.
Well explained.