8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Nissan all-season floor mats versus third party options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 04:58 PM

Nissan all-season floor mats versus third party options?

Would much appreciate any recommendations on the All-Season Floor Mats Nissan offers versus third party options like Weathertech, Husky or 3D Maxpider. Are there others? Which are the best and why? Thanks!

Weathertech: http://www.weathertech.com/floorliner-digitalfit/
Husky: https://www.huskyliners.com/
3D Maxpider: http://www.3dmaxpider.com/
Attached Thumbnails Nissan all-season floor mats versus third party options?-maxima-all-season-floor-mats.jpg  
Old 12-20-2017, 05:16 PM

Cant comment on the other 2. But I am pleased with the Nissan ones.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:45 PM

I recommend the mats from WeatherTech. They are custom made to fit the Max (or any other car) perfectly. I've got both the floor and trunk liners, and though they are a bit expensive, i think they are worth it.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:56 PM
Dab

i have the all weather nissan ones, and they are great. I had weather tech for my tahao a while ago and i did not like them, after a while they just seemed like plastic shells and made to much noise when moving your shoes across them. personnally i dont think they look well in the MAX but those are my thoughts
Old 12-20-2017, 06:27 PM

Was going to get WeatherTech or Husky mats, but the dealer put the Nissan all season mats in, and so far they're pretty good in the rough weather.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:08 AM

Guys, thanks! Anyone have experience with the Husky or 3D Maxpider?
Old 12-27-2017, 06:43 AM

This is my first winter with the Maxpiders so I don’t really have any comments yet. They’re very grippy so I doubt they will move around at all. They’re catching the snow, dirt and water pretty good so I think they should work out well.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by sschumer
I have black Huskies in both fam. cars, '17SL and '14 Malibu. Really like them. Made in U.S., wear like iron, lifetime warranty, look like they are poured in, seem a little thicker than WeatherTech but WT makes a fine product too, are less expensive than WT. Neither WT or Huskies are purty but have had plenty compliments saying they look custom and well-designed. The Huskies seem to have a deeper tread to really hold winter slush and they wrap up the carpet on the sides so that carpet hardly looks like it experienced winter sludge and salt.

If you want good looks, perfect fit, LT warranty, and less price, then the Huskies check those boxes for me.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:47 AM

I've got WeatherTech's and love them; they are hard plastic, and molded to the footwells like they came factory, and extend up the sidewells of the floor.

Honestly, I'm surprised that manufacturers don't offer something like this from the factory. They are much better than the heavy rubber mats.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:36 AM

Sounds like either the WeatherTech's or Huskies better than the all-weather mats Nissan offers. Any other views on this?
Old 01-10-2018, 11:19 AM

Sounds like either the WeatherTech's or Huskies better than the all-weather mats Nissan offers. Any other views on this?
The Weather Techs referred to here are classified as a "floor liner" which makes it far better than a Nissan floor mat.

I do have both though, the WT Floor liner, then the Nissan carpet mat that is zip tied at the back of the carpet and to the rear of the high lip of the floor liner. Over that is the Nissan all weather mat which can be removed for easy cleaning of the salt slop we get in the midwest.
I can assure you that the top all weather mat does not shift around to cause any safety hazards around the drivers side pedals.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:06 AM

robtroxel, thank you. Just a bit confused. You have the WeatherTech floor liners, the Nissan All-Weather Mats and the Nissan Carpet Mats, i.e. all three? So in bad weather, you take out your Nissan Carpet Mats and alternate between using both the WeatherTech Floor Liners and Nissan All-Weather Mats? If so, hadn't considered that. Was deciding between getting the WeatherTech/Husky floor liners or the Nissan All-Weather Mats, but perhaps there's justification/use for both?
Old 01-11-2018, 07:37 AM

I had the WT floor liners 4-5 years ago a didn't care for them. They protected the carpet great, but were very slippery, especially with wet/snowy shoes. I think I read at one point that they were selling a spray to give them some tackiness.

I have the Nissan all weather mats in my '16, and like them.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:23 AM

robtroxel, thank you. Just a bit confused. You have the WeatherTech floor liners, the Nissan All-Weather Mats and the Nissan Carpet Mats, i.e. all three? So in bad weather, you take out your Nissan Carpet Mats and alternate between using both the WeatherTech Floor Liners and Nissan All-Weather Mats? If so, hadn't considered that. Was deciding between getting the WeatherTech/Husky floor liners or the Nissan All-Weather Mats, but perhaps there's justification/use for both?
Thanks for your comment.
I put the W/Tech floor liner in 1st because that really offers the floor carpet protection.
The next step is to zip tie the regular carpeted floor mats on top of the W/T liners. As another poster mentioned, the W/T liner can be a bit slippery, so the carpeted front mats are secured ( just the back border part) with zip ties to the W/T floor liners rear elevated ridge. You have to punch some small holes for the zip ties to work. (the holes are punched at least an inch or so up to protect from slush leaks in the front W/T liner)
Once this is done, I throw the rubber all season mats on top of the carpeted mat layer. The all season mats secure themselves to the second layer with the large rubber fingers on the bottom of the A/S mats. This top layer has never shifted towards the brake or gas pedals.

In warmer weather the A/S rubber mats come out and I am left with 2 layers of protection.

Yes I would understand if some of you think this is over kill but it works well and keeps things new looking
Old 01-18-2018, 01:45 PM

Thought some of you might find this article of value:

WeatherTech vs. Husky Liner vs. 3D MAXpider Floor Mats

https://www.partcatalog.com/weathert...er-vs-maxpider
Old 01-18-2018, 02:25 PM

I have the husky mats in my Maxima. I really like them and I feel like the price point is fair since you get both front and back

Amazon Amazon
Old 01-18-2018, 03:58 PM

By the way, when you use the Nissan or Weathertech/Husky/3D MAXpider all-weather mats/liners (during winter season for example), do you just place them on top of the factory carpeted floor mats, or do you remove the carpeted floor mats during the time you're using these all-weathers?
Old 01-18-2018, 07:49 PM

I removed the original carpeted mats.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by stodge
Same here. Will reinstall when ready to sell.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:24 AM

Thought some of you might find this article of value:

WeatherTech vs. Husky Liner vs. 3D MAXpider Floor Mats

https://www.partcatalog.com/weathert...er-vs-maxpider
I'd say Husky is the easy winner
Old 01-27-2018, 12:54 AM

just ordered the husky off amazon, wanted to use up my gift cards. hope theyre nice!
Old 01-27-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by punkfs
just ordered the husky off amazon, wanted to use up my gift cards. hope theyre nice!
Those Huskies look like a winner. Keep us posted on how they do for you
Old 01-30-2018, 06:35 PM

love the husky mats, just installed them. they look amazing, really love that the back is one entire piece. satisfied!
Old 02-28-2018, 05:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I love my weather Tech for my 16 SR
Old 03-01-2018, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by stodge
Mine are still wrapped in plastic in the trunk.

I'd originally wanted to get the weathertech (or Husky) mats due to our harsh winters, but when I picked up my vehicle the dealer was kind enough to have put in the Maxima all season mats.

Well, a couple of months later, midway through a horrible winter of my kids getting in and out of the back I ended up ordering the Wintertech mats for the backseat. Of course it's been much milder since I got them, but must say I'm pretty with them so far (protects the carpet).
Old 03-04-2018, 11:49 AM

Sounds like folks here like both the Weathertech and Husky options. Anyone have experience with the 3D Maxpider? Other opinions on any/all of these three?
Old 03-05-2018, 06:19 AM

I have been using the Nissan all weather mats in winter.

But I really liked the looks of the Maxpider mats and ordered them today from AutoAnything, very highly reviewed on this site. Even got a 17% off coupon and free shipping!
Old 03-05-2018, 08:49 AM

One man's opinion from someone who has been using the Maxpider mats for several months now...

The Maxpider mats look outstanding when compared to their competition and do an excellent job at protecting the car's interior but only do a so-so job of protecting the occupant's shoes and clothing from grime that gets dragged into the vehicle when the weather gets sloppy.

The Maxpider mats (and the Weather Tech's too) do not have any type of deep grooves which keep your shoes, clothes, long coats, etc elevated above any accumulated melted snow or mud brought into the vehicle which is now sitting in the bottom of the mat in the way some of the more industrial rubberized mats I've used in the past on other vehicles do. Your feet will essentially be sitting in tiny puddles unless you're frequently removing the mats and rinsing them off regularly. The difference in how much grime makes it's way to the bottom of your pant legs between the two types of mats is very noticeable to me during a Chicagoland winter season.

I'm pretty **** about staying on top of the interior so frequent cleaning of the mats is no big deal to me. In my opinion, the Maxpider mats look and fit awesome and are worth the trouble of needing more frequent rinsing. If you're one to not want to get the bottom of your pant legs messed up and let whatever gunk finds it's way into the mats accumulate, then perhaps the Maxpider (or WeatherTech) mats shouldn't be your first choice.

Last edited by CNTS13; 03-05-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:37 PM

I bought 3D MAXPIDER KAGU FLOOR MATS based on th price and reviews to replace OEMs because I kinda got away by spending last winter in Southern California.

They were only $75 for the front vs. Weathertech $127 front & Husky $148 front only.

I always wanted to buy weathertech but it think it’s way overpriced. Maybe it will last forever but I just don’t think it should cost that much. Both weathertech and husky look like heavy industrial carpeting designed for a trucks. I went with 3D MAX they look much more stylish and they match the interior of Maxima( in my mind)

anyway time will tell if they are good enough for 70 bucks.
Attached Thumbnails Nissan all-season floor mats versus third party options?-067c1c38-6702-4277-8c5f-f8d2ef70ab42.jpeg  

Last edited by NisCal17; 10-17-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

One thing that I don't like about most factory all weather mats is that they don't cover the dead pedal area. I have them in our old Honda, and in the winter a bunch of sand would inevitably end up all over the carpet in that area. I bought the Husky ones for our Hyundai and they fit like a glove. They covered the dead pedal area nicely and still look nice after five years. When I bought my Maxmia, the Husky liners weren't available yet so I bought the Weathertech ones. They also do a nice job of protecting the carpet, but they have a rougher surface and are already showing some wear even though my car doesn't get a ton of use. If I had it to do over, I would have bought the Husky ones for the Maxima too. They're cheaper than the Weathertech and will hopefully look good for a long time.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by NisCal17
They were only $75 for the front vs. Weathertech $127 front & Husky $148 front only
What are you talking about? The Husky ones are $125 for front and back on Amazon.

Old 10-18-2018, 03:16 PM

I have had Weathertech and Husky over the years,, Also had the NIssan rubber ones.. The best ones I have had are the Kagu 3d Madpider mats.. Better fit and quality then Weathertech and cheaper!...

Whole set front and rear $150
Old 10-18-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by NisCal17
I bought 3D MAXPIDER KAGU FLOOR MATS based on th price and reviews to replace OEMs because I kinda got away by spending last winter in Southern California.

They were only $75 for the front vs. Weathertech $127 front & Husky $148 front only.

I always wanted to buy weathertech but it think it’s way overpriced. Maybe it will last forever but I just don’t think it should cost that much. Both weathertech and husky look like heavy industrial carpeting designed for a trucks. I went with 3D MAX they look much more stylish and they match the interior of Maxima( in my mind)

anyway time will tell if they are good enough for 70 bucks.
Have these as well, Great mats!!!
Old 10-19-2018, 05:43 AM

I have the Nissan ones in my Maxima, and Husky I put in my Ram and I am equally happy with both.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by dmstangu
What are you talking about? The Husky ones are $125 for front and back on Amazon.
Yeah, just saw them on amazon. But I still don’t like the design... I’m sure they are worth what they advertise but I just don’t like this truck style design.