8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Muffler delete

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 10:42 PM

Muffler delete

Anyone running a muffler delete? How loud is it or is it mainly only when on the throttle? I dont mind some drone and being a little loud but I dont want to be obnoxiously loud
Old 02-11-2018, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kyletrann
Anyone running a muffler delete? How loud is it or is it mainly only when on the throttle? I dont mind some drone and being a little loud but I dont want to be obnoxiously loud
Sorry to suggest that you may end up with a car that sounds like a "mooing cow" due to the CVTs application of power. From my perspective, the sound you have now from the stock muffler avoids the "droning" that could happen. There is a fair discussion from others on this site about what changes you can do the might avoid this situation. Good luck!
Old 02-11-2018, 09:30 AM

Here is a video of a maxima with a deleted muffler setup + maganpack resonator
I really like how it sounds but I'm not sure if its too loud or not. The "mooing" effect youre talking about, do you mean at idle like how it is in the video? If thats what you meant I like that, but its all personal preference
Old 02-11-2018, 04:19 PM

That does not sound good to me.......
Old 02-11-2018, 05:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfgy94kpaG0
I really like how it sounds but I'm not sure if its too loud or not. The "mooing" effect youre talking about, do you mean at idle like how it is in the video? If thats what you meant I like that, but its all personal preference
Agreed about the personal preference comment. What I am suggesting is that when you depart under partial throttle from 10 Mph up to 70 Mph, does the car moo or drone during that period? Usually this is more noticeable from other listeners outside the car from say 50 to 100 ft away. For me the car sounds coarse and a bit raw but then again, it's subjective.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by wild *****
That does not sound good to me.......
Understandable, everyone has their preferences!
Old 02-11-2018, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Agreed about the personal preference comment. What I am suggesting is that when you depart under partial throttle from 10 Mph up to 70 Mph, does the car moo or drone during that period? Usually this is more noticeable from other listeners outside the car from say 50 to 100 ft away. For me the car sounds coarse and a bit raw but then again, it's subjective.
From that youtube video it does sound to drone more in that 10-70mph range but its not too loud unless full throttle like when he took off.

In this clip from a facebook user, the sound is less deep but cleaner.. this was my other option route
Old 02-12-2018, 04:06 AM

Much better and livable..
Old 02-12-2018, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by wild *****
Much better and livable..
I appreciate the input! I may go with the second setup for the cleaner sound just wish it was a little deeper or louder by the slightest
Old 02-12-2018, 08:05 PM

That's my friends car. It's sounds good in person. I did just the muffler delete on mine and love the sound. I get compliments all the time. Had alittle drone but nothing bad
Old 02-12-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by whit
That's my friends car. It's sounds good in person. I did just the muffler delete on mine and love the sound. I get compliments all the time. Had alittle drone but nothing bad
Which one is your friends car? Do you mind posting a vid of yours? Would love to hear how yours sounds!

Last edited by Kyletrann; 02-12-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:53 PM

Let me know if you do it would love to hear it! With stillen mufflers, smaller resonator and intake my car is already borderline too loud in person. I can only imagine if you did a straight pipe, my neighbors already dont like me leaving at 5am to go to work, they would kill me if i did that haha. you can never really tell how loud it is from the videos, im sure they are much louder and sound way better in person! just putting an intake on your car first, you will notice how ridiculously loud your car will be under throttle with even just the stock exhaust.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by punkfs
Let me know if you do it would love to hear it! With stillen mufflers, smaller resonator and intake my car is already borderline too loud in person. I can only imagine if you did a straight pipe, my neighbors already dont like me leaving at 5am to go to work, they would kill me if i did that haha. you can never really tell how loud it is from the videos, im sure they are much louder and sound way better in person! just putting an intake on your car first, you will notice how ridiculously loud your car will be under throttle with even just the stock exhaust.
For sure man I'll keep you updated but it wont be for a long while. Trying to save up for some wheels right now and they'll run me around 1000 or 1900 depending on which one I choose haha. I'll probably start with the muffler delete and if I dont like it i can easily just slap some magnaflow mufflers on there!
Old 02-13-2018, 09:16 PM

For sure man I'll keep you updated but it wont be for a long while. Trying to save up for some wheels right now and they'll run me around 1000 or 1900 depending on which one I choose haha. I'll probably start with the muffler delete and if I dont like it i can easily just slap some magnaflow mufflers on there!
wheels are next for me, still waiting to get my splitter and diffuser installed, not rushing on that... any idea on the wheels yet?
Old 02-13-2018, 09:24 PM

Unhappy

wheels are next for me, still waiting to get my splitter and diffuser installed, not rushing on that... any idea on the wheels yet?
Niche gammas or sectors

or...

My favorite, Ferrada FR4 but these would cost me an arm and a leg
Old 02-14-2018, 09:16 PM

beautiful wheels man, i wish I didn't just get new tires for 18's. man.. see, after I put an exhaust on my car my gf now wants to put one on her '17 nissan rogue which is just nuts.. and low and behold.. stillen just came out with one in the last couple weeks.. a cat back exhaust.. Im gonna get stuck buying it for her, watch. hahha.. it actually sounds pretty good.. maybe thats the only way to get it so she doesnt want to use my car anymore

sorry for the offtopic.. found the timing too funny
Old 02-15-2018, 06:46 AM

beautiful wheels man, i wish I didn't just get new tires for 18's. man.. see, after I put an exhaust on my car my gf now wants to put one on her '17 nissan rogue which is just nuts.. and low and behold.. stillen just came out with one in the last couple weeks.. a cat back exhaust.. Im gonna get stuck buying it for her, watch. hahha.. it actually sounds pretty good.. maybe thats the only way to get it so she doesnt want to use my car anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJF6eO2uks

sorry for the offtopic.. found the timing too funny
Thats awesome man and yeah always gotta keep your girl happy haha! Lmk if you end up getting it for her.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:26 AM

Thats awesome man and yeah always gotta keep your girl happy haha! Lmk if you end up getting it for her.
lmao yeah, i ordered it. probably the only people on the island with a catback exhaust on a rogue. haha
Old 02-15-2018, 07:41 PM

Which one is your friends car? Do you mind posting a vid of yours? Would love to hear how yours sounds!
Would love to post a video of mine once this site wants to upgrade to current abilities to post stuff ������ can't post a video unless I link it somewhere else. Which is Bs.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by whit
Would love to post a video of mine once this site wants to upgrade to current abilities to post stuff ������ can't post a video unless I link it somewhere else. Which is Bs.
Ahh man dont keep me waiting that long haha! Post it on youtube or vimeo!
Old 02-21-2018, 12:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had a muffler deleted but it wasn’t loud enough you can honestly only hear it when your press the gas so I also got a resonator delete and I love it, it has a nice deep tone to it
Old 02-21-2018, 01:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Muffler and resonator delete
Attached Files
Old 02-21-2018, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Adrian Diljohn
Muffler and resonator delete

Man that sounds good!! I will probably go with just a muffler delete first and if I want it louder I’ll swap the resonator for a more high performance one.

does anyone know if it’ll void warranty? It only does if the problem is coming from the exhaust right?
Old 02-21-2018, 02:42 PM

Ahh man dont keep me waiting that long haha! Post it on youtube or vimeo!

Hey bud. If u look on YouTube. At muffler delete 8th gen. Mine sounds exactly the same
Old 04-17-2019, 02:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfgy94kpaG0
Sounds like a ricer fart can pile of crap... Why would you do that to that car?
Old 04-17-2019, 05:20 PM

I appreciate the videos...was thinking of doing a simple resonator delete which hoping it would be a a little less loud than a muffler delete.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Set up.?

From that youtube video it does sound to drone more in that 10-70mph range but its not too loud unless full throttle like when he took off.

In this clip from a facebook user, the sound is less deep but cleaner.. this was my other option route
https://vimeo.com/255316864
Does anyone know te set up to get it to sound like that?
Old 11-27-2019, 06:58 PM

My advice is don't get rid of the resonator, you'll have crazy highway cruising drone ( trust me I been though it). Instead get a smaller resonator. Do it proper and don't cheap out on the exhaust. You get better performance with the resonator. My SR puts me back in my seat with my setup. A good y pipe and axle back will give you a slight gain and good sound.

Check out my setup here...

Last edited by ENGINE2MAXIMA; 11-27-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by ENGINE2MAXIMA
My advice is don't get rid of the resonator, you'll have crazy highway cruising drone ( trust me I been though it). Instead get a smaller resonator. Do it proper and don't cheap out on the exhaust. You get better performance with the resonator. My SR puts me back in my seat with my setup. A good y pipe and axle back will give you a slight gain and good sound.

Check out my setup here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV-Wkj9uRIk
Sage advice otherwise you will sound like a bubble bee rice wagon.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Adrian Diljohn
I had a muffler deleted but it wasn’t loud enough you can honestly only hear it when your press the gas so I also got a resonator delete and I love it, it has a nice deep tone to it
what all did you need to do the muffler delete and what did you need for the resonator delete? I’m looking to do mine tomorrow any advice and what I’ll need is appreciated thanks!