8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

I NissanConnect on a 2016 Platinum, and I want to chenge the radio for a 2018 model

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2020 | 03:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I NissanConnect on a 2016 Platinum, and I want to chenge the radio for a 2018 model

I have NissanConnect services in my 2016 Platinum. I'm planning to swap the radio for a 2018 version to have Android Auto. If I swap the radio, do I lost my NissanConnect services? I know each radio have its own SIM to transfer data between Nissan servers and the car but I don't know if changing the radio it will still recognizing my car and I will be able to use all NissanConnect functions.
Old 07-25-2020 | 10:20 AM

Guess no one has any advice on this one. Would appreciate hearing how the swap out went and what actually happened. Also try to find a 2019-20 head unit. No Card required. Good luck!
PS Nissan Connect really sucks. No great loss for me.

Last edited by robtroxel; 07-28-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-18-2020 | 09:34 AM
Cronic Maxima Driver

No, however you won't retain use of the USB port and it's not compatible with the 17+ Apple Carplay/Andriod Auto unit. I've been looking at this for my Altima... There's a company that will sell you everything you need for the Altima, but not sure if they have something for the Maxima. Look up infotainment.com
Old 08-18-2020 | 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Edgarj64
I have NissanConnect services in my 2016 Platinum. I'm planning to swap the radio for a 2018 version to have Android Auto. If I swap the radio, do I lost my NissanConnect services? I know each radio have its own SIM to transfer data between Nissan servers and the car but I don't know if changing the radio it will still recognizing my car and I will be able to use all NissanConnect functions.
What are you looking to retain from your Nissan connect services? From my understanding that service is no longer being offered or used for that matter. Nor are they doing any updates or providing apps for it. It’s like going the way of the dinosaurs. Lol! Which I’m assuming this is why you’re looking for a new unit besides wanting Android play? Or maybe you didn’t know that? Unfortunately Nissan likes to be C.U.Next Tuesday’S (read the capitalized letters &#128514 and not give you direct answers. The way it works is if you need a new head unit they’d pull yours look at the
number and BAM! Get you the same damn unit. They will not confirm nor deny that another model unit will actually work. I mean to a certain extent you can figure out why. Basic example if you don’t have Bose sound in your car and you purchase a used Bose unit and try
to put it in your car it’s not going to work. That’s like a common sense one. Technically, if you have all the bells and whistle’s and have a 16 and you want an updated version of 17+ With the Apple/Android car play it should work. But again, no one has tried it to actually confirm it. This info was given to me by a friend of mine who is a service writer for a Nissan dealership here where I am. His exact words were, “honestly we don’t know because no one has tried it.” I’d say it’ll work but you will mos def lose your Nissan Connect. He told me you’re pretty much better off getting an aftermarket head unit with everything you want in it. So I guess it all depends on what it’s worth to you. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 08-18-2020 | 04:47 PM

I have the NissanConnect services in my 16" Maxima Platinum and I do used it, Some of you I've noticed says that it's a waste but I do use it, If I'm 10 Minutes away from my car, i will used it to turn on my car so that way the ac can cool it down before i get to it and I like that i can used it to track my car. Just my 2 cents.