Advanced Suspension, Chassis, and Braking Talk about suspension geometry, advanced handling/chassis setup, custom brakes, etc. NOT your basic brake pads and "best drop" Information.

2012 Maxima - Hard Suspension System Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2012 Maxima - Hard Suspension System Problem

Hello there..

I have a 2012 SV with 110k miles
I did replace the struts with OEM parts, because they gone bad around 75k miles (In addition to the suspension mounts twice)

Maybe this will give an idea about the kind of roads in my country?
So, it's always been a problem that the suspension on the Maxima is too hard! and not comfortable enough, compared to a (2014 Altima & a 2012 Kia Cadenza)

So, I'm thinking of upgrading the suspension system (Struts & Springs if necessary) to a more comfortable one.

How can I choose a new suspension online?
where should I look?

(I hope 500$ is enough?)

thanks
Old 05-26-2017, 05:46 AM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by Eyass AlKadi
Hello there..

I have a 2012 SV with 110k miles
I did replace the struts with OEM parts, because they gone bad around 75k miles (In addition to the suspension mounts twice)

Maybe this will give an idea about the kind of roads in my country?
So, it's always been a problem that the suspension on the Maxima is too hard! and not comfortable enough, compared to a (2014 Altima & a 2012 Kia Cadenza)

So, I'm thinking of upgrading the suspension system (Struts & Springs if necessary) to a more comfortable one.

How can I choose a new suspension online?
where should I look?

(I hope 500$ is enough?)

thanks
What size wheels and tires do you have? Pretty much every shock and spring available online in the aftermarket is going to be stiffer than OEM parts, so I don't think you're going to have much luck going that route. Downsizing your wheels and getting all season tires (if you currently have summers) will be the easiest way to make the car ride better.