All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

mild A.M. set up need advice or opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Jar
Donating Maxima.org Member

mild A.M. set up need advice or opinions

ok I had been planning on building an engine for a supercharger but have changed my mind so at least for now i'm going to plan on an all motor set up with the possibility of adding boost later on. so on to the reason for my post:

heres what i'm thinking so far - rebuild the extra motor that I have to basically a zero mile engine with high grade fasteners, bearings and gaskets. a 00vi with 5th gen TB, lightened flywheel, underdrive pulley and LSD tranny.

is there any reason to have a pathy tb, or better injectors (370) if your not boosted? also is it worth the money for an ecu to raise the rev limit? and what do you guys recomend 7200? 7500?

and is there anything else I should look at doing or anything on the list that I should just forget about?

sorry for the long post any help/opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Jar

I've already got a full 2.5 exhaust, stillen highflow intake w/midpipe and a short throw shifter FSTB and RSB, and am almost ready to install eibach lowering springs, KYB AGX's, enkei ZR-1 18x8's.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Jar

I just posted this in another thread but would it be better to get a 00 engine with the vi already there and drop it into my 98 or would that cause me too many issues?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:43 AM
be the change u want2C

Originally Posted by Jar
ok I had been planning on 5th gen TB,
vq35 5thgen or de-k5th gen? from what I *THINK* I know a pathfinder TB would be best.
What do you mean by going all NA like making a hybrid VQ?!?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Jar

I had been planning on building a motor for a super charger but that kinda fell through for me so for now i'm staying NA and was wondering about the best setup and if i was missing anything that I should get, I also have urethane motor mounts to add to the above list. I figured the pathy TB would be a little much unless i was boosted.