All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

An Unsolved mystery-- (for me at least)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 11:26 PM

An Unsolved mystery-- (for me at least)

I am having a mind boggling time with this, I have asked and asked with no positive results....but I think I might have solved it... (maybe)

I bought a Technosquare ECU for my 98 Maxx. I have had it on my car for a good 3-4 months. About a month ago, I decided to check the engine codes it was throwing out---- May I add that I have had the 0902 (O2sensor)code for a long time now--- Anyways, I came across a new code I had never seen: 1305--Fuel Control Module. I checked all possible fuel related problems that I thought of... I checked the fuel sending unit (good), replaced the fuel filter, check injectors, havent gone around to checking the fuel pressure yet though...
But then, sharing my problem with Ceasars Chariot, he enlightened me on what the repair manual says about the Fuel Control Module only found on the 95 Cali spec and 96-97 models.

I'm assuming since my car is a 98, which doesnt come with a fuel control module (I also checked to be sure it doesnt have one) it would be normal for it to throw out this code since the ECU is off of a 95/96 right!? (Hopefully I'm sounding logical)

And if so, what affect (if any) would this have on my car, performance-wise?

Has anyone with a 98 model encountered this problem with an upgraded ECU??
Old 10-30-2006, 05:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

No performance hit. The FPCM just cuts the voltage to the fuel pump, through the dropping resistor, to reduce fuel flow when it is not required depending upon engine operating conditions.

Last year I was running a 96 TS ecu in my 98 with no codes. I got a dropping resistor and FPCM out of a 96 at a wreckers and wired them into my fuel pump circuit.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by eng92
No performance hit. The FPCM just cuts the voltage to the fuel pump, through the dropping resistor, to reduce fuel flow when it is not required depending upon engine operating conditions.

Last year I was running a 96 TS ecu in my 98 with no codes. I got a dropping resistor and FPCM out of a 96 at a wreckers and wired them into my fuel pump circuit.

Thanks for the info!