All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

emanage support tool problems - man is this irritating

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

emanage support tool problems - man is this irritating

I purchased a new EB out of a GReddy turbo kit so it has maps already on the unit. I installed the unit with main harness only without any problems. I downloaded the support tool software, purchased the simon usb to usb clone cable and thought It would be smooth sailing from there.

Here's what's going on...

The software (v1.49) installed without any problems (thanks Dan) and so did the cable drivers. It created a new comm port which I desinated in the support tool. When you open the sofware, it shows online, but all drop down menus are grayed out except the update main unit option in the communication drop down. When I select that, it finds the update file, starts to update, but after 2 seconds, it fails. I tried to uninstall the software and reinstall, but it won't uninstall. When I tried to do the v1.49 install again, now I'm getting a 1628 error saying the installation was not successful. I even tried downloading an older version, but it still won't update. From what I understand, I can't do anything with the support tool or EB until I run the update.

Oh and by the way, what 12 pin connector are they talking about in the instructions that you are supposed to disconnect when doing the update?

Anyone have this problem or have any suggestions other than buy the software and cable from GReddy?

Here's a plea for help, anyone want to loan me their cable for a few days so I can rule out that it's the clone cable? I'll pay round trip insured shipping plus a small fee. For some odd reason, when I call the local speed shops, nobody can find their cables, but they are happy to find them if you want to pay them $125 an hour for tuning.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:52 PM
VQ Wizard

Was the software by any chance the one from my site?
http://www.vq35de.com/Software/EManageBlue149.exe

Your problem sounds like it's a cable problem.

Do you have the newest USB driver version for that USB/SERIAL adapter?

For reference the adapter cable I use is this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812149115

And I use it on a real Greddy support cable.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:23 PM

It may very well be a cable problem. It's a clone cable, so not an authentic GReddy communication cable. I have heard of people using the one I have without any trouble. The cable came with its own drivers and seems to be connected. I wonder if the problem is with the software. It seem unusual that when I try to uninstall it, nothing happens.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:17 PM

Thanks for the link to the v1.49 copy. I tried to run it and for some reason I keep getting a 1628 Failed to complete install error. I ran it on my desktop without any trouble, so I have two problems:

Laptop won't complete the software install and neither my desktop or laptop will communicate with the eManage using the cable. Perfect!

Thanks for the help anyway.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:56 PM

Update:

The problem may be stemming from an old version of the firmware on the EB and the new version of the support tool. Anyone happen to have an old version (v1.13) of the support tool they'd be willing to email me to test the theory?