All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Emanage troubles

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:14 PM

Emanage troubles

ok so i have had my EU installed for about 3 months now. i am some difficulties in some areas related with to tuning. i have some ideas on how i want to troubleshoot my problems but i would like to hear some of your suggestions. now on to my problems!!!!

1. when i am using duration for i\j map and the auto tune feature it will not make any adjustments. but the second i switch it over to duty cycle it will work. I have seen some others with this problem in a old thread and really didnt discribe how to fix the problem. kinda one of those threads that gets ignored

2. when i am increasing fuel past the rev limiter cut using duty cycle it wont get past the cut. both the output and input from the injectors both just drop when i am hitting the rev limiter. but when i use duration it will work pretty much perfectly.

3. when i choose to auto tune with the maf it will make the adjustments on the air adjustment maps but my afr will go unchanged.

here is what i am thinking of doing to troubleshoot this problem.
1) obviously go over my wiring again. even though i am pretty sure it is all correct. possibly intercept the maf.

2) uninstall greddys software and reinstall with the current firmware.

3) here is what i have done.

i have rolled back the versions and reinstalled the software.

i have started from scratch as in redoing all settings in the software.

i have rechecked all my jumpers

its like i can have either one or the other. i can auto tune but i cant get past 6500(DC) or i can get past 6500 but i cant auto tune(Pulse).

Last edited by Product_Of_Korea; 05-22-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:12 PM
3.5 in the works

Regarding 1) I believe it's a bug in the software/firmware. No one seems to be able to have fixed this, so it's a Greddy issue. Call them and complain. :sigh:

Regarding 2) see #1, same answer.

Regarding 3) are you sure you're autotuning in the WOT area of the maps only? If you are, then this may be another bug. The newer software versions are mostly V-manage updates and are still buggy unfortunately. OR the auto-tune may only work with the injector map at this point, not the airflow map.

To get your desired tuning and rev limit extension results you basically have a couple options:

a) Turn off the auto-tune, use duration and do the tuning and rev limit that way

b) Use the auto-tune with DC and the I/J map and let it tune WOT to 6500 rpm, then convert the map from DC to duration via the units menu. You'll need to check the math though on a cell to make sure the EU is calculating the duration properly from the DC. If it doesn't then you'll need to correct every cell. Once that's done and the map is properly converted to duration, then do the rev limit extension as you can't use DC for that.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:08 PM

thanks for the info im glad to know its the software and not me. i knew i should of just pm'd you. anyways. i have converted before. and i belive the conversion is off. because i had all the cells from 6500 on was 37% then i converted to pw and some of the numbers were diffrent though 6500-7100?? but i will do a comparision data log to see if it is done correctly or not

i know there are formulas to convert i just dont want to do the math

Last edited by Product_Of_Korea; 05-22-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:01 PM
3.5 in the works

Well assuming you've checked wiring, jumpers etc but at this point it's probably the case.

Logging your AFR via the WB will tell you if the EU converted DC to duration correctly, and this formula also applies:

Duration (in ms) at 100% DC = 120,000 / RPM

or rearranged:

Duration = DC*120,000/RPM

Last edited by DandyMax; 05-22-2008 at 10:06 PM.