All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

zeitronix zt2 wideband installation questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 02:33 PM

zeitronix zt2 wideband installation questions

Hey guys, im tryed searching coulnd't find what i was looking for and this is the best forum i could find to post in so if it's not just let me know, sorry in advance...

anyways, i have a 96 maxima 5 spd and i bought an safc and found pinouts for that so thats ready to be wired, then i just bought a used zeitronix zt2 wideband/datalogger off a member on the forum and i have a question... i tried looking on the sight but it didn't help me much, i need a nice pinout thing that shows what wires from the datalogger connect to the ecu or w.e.

NOTE: I'm not wiriing this myself I'm having my uncle do this i just set it up for him and i do not know mcuh about wiring so if someone could send me or link me to a diagram this would be great, keep in mind that im wiring the safcII together at the same time, thanks alot - cory d

P.S. does anyone have good suggestions of where i can feed the o2 sensor from to get it from my car into the exhaust area like a nice clean way instead of just drilling threw the floor? thanks alot!
Old 06-14-2008, 04:15 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by mastercoryd
i just bought a used zeitronix zt2 wideband/datalogger off a member on the forum and i have a question... i tried looking on the sight but it didn't help me much, i need a nice pinout thing that shows what wires from the datalogger connect to the ecu or w.e.

What exactly are you trying to connect the datalogging unit to? AFAICT the SAFC-II doesn't even have a WB02 input.

Originally Posted by mastercoryd
does anyone have good suggestions of where i can feed the o2 sensor from to get it from my car into the exhaust area like a nice clean way instead of just drilling threw the floor?
Route the cable from the WB02 up into the engine bay, then from there through the firewall.

Last edited by pmohr; 06-14-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Here's the instructions for the Zt2
http://www.zeitronix.com/installatio...structions.pdf

See this too.

http://www.zeitronix.com/questions/Zt-2questions.htm

Wiring can be as little as two wires.

As for getting the cables/wiring into the car, here are two ways to do it.

1. Through the same grommet for the o2 sensor by the CAT.
2. Through the firewall.
Pull off your driver's side wheel, remove the black inner wheel well plastics, and route the wiring through the existing grommet there. Personally, I have so much wiring on my Max, I chose to drill a new large hole right next to the grommet I just described and ran my wires through it (with a new grommet of course).

On a side note, do you know if your Zt2 was manufactured after Sept 1, 2006? I hope so, as it will have linear wideband output. See here.
http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt...bandoutput.htm

Last edited by The Wizard; 06-18-2008 at 08:58 AM.