All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Somebody buy this motor! Built RWD VQ35 NEW

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Taking my Maxima to the Max!

Somebody buy this motor! Built RWD VQ35 NEW

Saw this on eBay and thought it would be a great motor for someone looking to build or swap in a performance VQ35 into a RWD platform. If I ever get around to doing a RWD conversion on the Max I'll go with something like this .

Check it out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/350z-VQ35DE-TURB...item439baf616d

-Mark
Old 12-02-2009, 07:48 PM

LOTS of nice parts on that build.. but kinda seems a little sketchy u know?..customer spent that then never picked it up? it was turned over 'once' .. eh idk..
Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 PM

Hell no, I would NEVER buy such a build from unknown source "customer". SPECIALLY sleeved, which are known to sink or have issues when not done right (probably 60% of the time)
Old 12-02-2009, 08:22 PM

its called a mechanics lean, nothing sketchy about that.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:34 PM

There is a good bit of gambling buying a supposedly build engine on e-bay! Unless you know the seller and get a written warranty, otherwise dont touch this even with a 20 foot perch.

How can you be sure that the engine have the said parts ? Any buyer should be careful and not take anything for granted, remember talk is dirt cheap.

Before jumping to conclusion ask for proof. In my humble opinion a visual inspection is a must, along with a discussion face to face with the seller at his place of business, doing this will either re-enforce the confidence in the product and seller or make you run away. Another though, you have to be sure the seller is the legitimate owner of the said engine, I dont think anyone would want to end up with a stolen engine, and foremost paid with hard earn cash.

On the opposite this can be a very good deal. If I'd be interested I would definitely want to see the engine in person and take it from there.

My 2 cents

AA
Old 12-03-2009, 07:11 PM
4th Gen Parts King

His description makes no sense at all.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:16 AM
SLOW

Can someone post the text of the description, ebay is blocked here at work.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Can someone post the text of the description, ebay is blocked here at work.

Description from above ebay link:

"Thank you for viewing this auction, We have a Nissan 350Z Engine that has been built for forced induction. It was built and installed into a customers vehicle which was never picked up. It was only started to get to operating temperature and bleed cooling and check for leaks. It was then removed for a stock engine so the car could be sold. We did not build the motor in house it was done by the customer then brought to us for install.

Now for the good, it started as a block that had 4000 miles on it. It was taken to a machine shop where it had iron liners installed (per customer). It also received New JE Pistons, Pauter Rods and a new crank shaft that was balanced and blueprinted with the whole rotating assembly. It also has a nismo oil pump, and a set of Nismo Camshafts. Then a New set of Cosworth Heads were put on. They come ready to go with stainless valves and titanium retainers and springs. The Heads alone were around 5500 without the HKS headgaskets. It also has ARP hardware everywhere. Acl Race bearings were used all around also. This engine comes with stock plenum and injectors only!! This engine cost the customer 13000.00 assembled!!!!

Everything you see in the pics are included, if you are not sure then ask first. There will be no refunds. You are more than welcome to come check it out before buying but once a bid is placed it is a legally binding contract. You will have 7 days to pickup engine or arrange shipping, we will pallet and load onto truck with forklift if needed. We do offer installation at a discount if the engine is installed by us. Please email your zip for a quote, should run 100 to 200.

All offers will be reviewed no matter how low."
Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 AM
SLOW

That sounds really fishy... a flashy parts list with hardly any real detail and then an entire paragraph about how ebay is a legally binding contract, there will be no refunds, you can of course inspect the outside of the engine which tells you nothing, etc.

No detail and what pistons were used (compression, bore), why in the world a brand new crank was installed, no info on what cams it has, out of this world expensive heads, no detail on what specific ARP hardware was used (and this makes a HUGE difference). No info on who built it which is a massive factor when built VQs are discussed, since so many shops have terrible reputations for botching builds and then not backing up their work.

Furthermore, that price listed for the build is not anywhere close to being correct. If the parts claimed were actually used, this is more like a $20k, not a 13k engine. Built VQs from shops are usually in the $5-6k range for a simple arias/wiseco+eagle build using stock heads and cams, add in the cost of pauter rods which are 3x as much as eagles, $5500 heads, $1000 cams, a $1000 oil pump, $600 for an OEM crank, etc.

I also noticed that the link says sleeved, but the text streetz posted makes no mention of the motor being sleeved.

Based on the info available I wouldn't touch this thing with a 10 foot pole. Way too good to be true and completely marketed toward people who have more money than knowledge.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Play with my balls

I wonder if they'd part it out. hmmmmmm