All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Litch's full vq35de engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:43 PM

The dudes 240 w/ 2jzt? yeah he is in texas. Same dude is working on my car. Yeah man u are slackin. I have a completion date of OCT 10th!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:02 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Good luck with your project Litch. Sounds exciting!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by litch
The dudes 240 w/ 2jzt? yeah he is in texas. Same dude is working on my car. Yeah man u are slackin. I have a completion date of OCT 10th!
Houston, right? If so he may be running his car in the road rally I have planned in Houston soon

I have had a few setbacks, hopefully I'll come back on track soon.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:08 AM

El paso bro. I guess its not unfathomable that there are 2 supra swapped 240sx here.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Who's doing the work? I am in El Paso as well.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:26 AM

Its a shop called the speed factory. I wanted.the work done professionally.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Rich and his crew do good work at Speed Factory. Seen some good stuff from them. I thought about doing this swap myself, just gonna see how it all looks and read into it and might tackle it later as soon as I decide what I am doing to my T/A first.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:53 AM

They really do awesome work. This swap is being.done so clean. I don't know about tacking it yourself, I mean if you got the squabbles go for it! I just can't wait to get this monster off the leash.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I don't mind doing it myself. I can blame myself if I screw it up haha.
I've never done a swap like this, I've done engine swaps on fbodies, LQ9's etc but those are drop in's and use stock locations for most items, just cleaned up with moving wiring under fenders etc but this is WAYYYY different but being that it is my daily, might just mess with this little 6 a bit and leave it alone.
Got any new pics of the swap?
Old 08-20-2012, 05:24 PM

At the moment no new pics. Paul over there was hinting that the.custom wiring harness they are doing is gonna end up doing a wire tuck so that could take a while for him before significant visual progress is done. There are just so many moving parts on this thing. Right now they have in the works; wiring the engine. Putting the vq35de timing back in it, (it was 3.0 timing). They are wiring up the race pak dash and powder coating my rims. So its alot of stuff happening all at once at different stages.of completion. Once things start falling off the list tho I think it is gonna kinda snowball. After t this snowball then they do the new bolt ons, aem cai, hks muffler, and the uprev osiris tune as the cherry on top. Believe me brother once this list starts banging out I will be posting more pics of her than the paparazzi with a Britney spears crotch shot.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Are you sure you wanna show off Spears crouch? That thing has been beaten more than some **** stars lol.
Anyway, the wirinng harness is always time consuming but the end result is always the best. So that is something I wouldn't mind them taking forever with that aspect.
Sounds like neat little project should be a fun little ride once done.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:55 PM

I personally have no desire to see those roast beef curtains...
I remember they had an IS300 that took a month to get a wire tuck done on, and that was with the engine it was supposed to have in it, so I imagine that it is gonna take a while to get it done. Thanks man, I am pretty stoked about it!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Can anyone suggest me the best place for wiring harness near Florida? Or California also?
Old 08-22-2012, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by AlbenaPhyles
Can anyone suggest me the best place for wiring harness near Florida? Or California also?
I will always advocate going OEM for wiring, so the trick is to order through Nissan (assuming that you are.talking about one) I would call a local Nissan dealership and shop around until you find the best price on the part. Once that is done it is just a matter of finding a shop to piece the puzzle together. Are you doing a shortblock or a longblock? Are you keeping the gauge cluster the same? Are you even swapping an engine or do you just need new wires for your old.one? All of this will play into where you take your car bro.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 AM

wire tuck still being done....sweet jesus.... foreplay is killing me
Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 AM

Subscribed =)
Old 10-25-2012, 03:57 PM

ITS UPDATE TIME!

lets re-cap shall we?

I bought my 1998 nissan maxima with a vq35de swap already done, using the vq30de timing and can adapters, the vq35de had a blown engine. I took the car to a tuning shop where they suggested the complete vq35de engine swap, ecu and harness. This was in about january of this year. We also decided that if we were gonna go that far with completely swapping the engine, that we were going to to uprev osirus ecu overwrite. The bolt on list is at the beging of the thread but its all the basics, cai, exhaust, headers, and then some intermediate engine mods, walbro injectors, walbro fuel pump. The other thing of note is that instead of trying to swap gauge clusters with another nissan, we went with a dashpak all digital gauge cluster, its pretty cool I think. So once the minor nightmare of trying to get a wiring harness and ecu shipped to the shop, and having a really good idea of trying to do a wire tuck (which I have renigged on since it is gonna take forever and its purely cosmetic...) We are offically underway with the work on this. I should be updating either daily or bi-daily, with pictures, and progress, culminating with a dyno tune on the brand new set up! OH BOY!

Stay tuned and this should get, to paraphrase my good friend, Lil John
"CRUNK."
Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 AM

New years Update:

Soooo, the full wiring harness is a bust. Who saw that coming????

The car is going back to the 3.5 w/ 3.0 ecu. I guess it is a live and learn thing. I have always wanted a tuneable ecu, that was one of the main reasons we tryed the full 3.5 so that we could run osirus, but luckily there are other options out there for it and we decided on a greddy emanage ultimate for my tuning needs. I am kinda dissappoined on some of the details of my build, especially the dash, it was going to be sick, but I couldn't justify running a 1k dash for no reason.

The build is a typical 3.5 w/ jwt cam adapters, nothing special there. I spent the extra $$$ that I saved from not doing the longblock swap on a shiny new set of D2 coilovers.

I know I have been slacking on pics, I keep buggin em to send me some but alas....

I will post pics as soon as I get em, and as a forenote, I already know 90% of the people on this site are going to hate on my front end. So would like to see who can be the most creative with their insults of my car, I have high hopes for cj, wookie, and aackshun....

I will also have it dynoed the end of the month and it should be a good benchmark for what a 3.5 with full exhaust, a ram air intake and a good tune can do. Also I plan on doing a full bolt on with this so nwp spacers, unorthodox udp, pathfinder tb, and grounding kit are on my radar.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:15 PM

Go 75mm 09 TB and q45 maf. Search my posts for info.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:19 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by 95naSTA
Go 75mm 09 TB and q45 maf. Search my posts for info.
Thanks for the advice sir, I do love some good reading