All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

3.5 cell codes need help to pass inspection

Old 11-23-2015, 02:54 PM

Post 3.5 cell codes need help to pass inspection

hey guys I did a 3.5 swap last feb. I did the timing case swap with the cam adapters and all that. few things I don't like is it runs really rich when im middle of the throttle to full throttle there is no change in a/f always 10.0. Fuel pressure is at 52. but if I turn the fuel pressure down it gets lean at idle. I need more time to play with it. other then that it is fast. I pull away on my buddys 3.0 all day. Was wondering if I should out back the 3.0 injectors.

anyway. I got a few sell codes I want get rid of. to start off with I have a 97 computer. I was thinking about getting a 95 ecu(5 speed) so I can get rid of some codes that I eliminated. but I been on the edge to boost so in that case ima need nistune so I can tune the car. Any good ideas be great.

codes that I have are

p0446
emission system vent control circuit. (this is new and the only one that came up diff from when I cleared it before)

ones I need help with \/

p1400
egr solenoid( I deleted it from the system but I want to know what throws this code. is it the egr temp sensor that's in the tub< cause I welded a nut that and threaded that into the port on the rear manifold so it sees the heat. but I believe it only sees the heat when the valve is open so the computer see its cold then when valve is open it sees the heat and then closes gets cold again. well where I have it it sees heat all the time. so is that the issue.)

p1105
manifold absolute pressure/bar switch circuit

p0105
manifold pressure barometric circuit.

now are these circuit codes coming up because there is a break in the lines(haven't tested yet its been raining) or is that what just comes up when it throws a code it says circuit

this would help me out a lot. its gonna get me closer to boosting the car. I don't want the cel code on and make sure everything is good. thanks guys
Old 11-23-2015, 04:26 PM

You can't put side feed injectors on the 3.5.

It's common to run rich with a 3.5 swap.
Tuning is your friend.

Your other problems, I'll leave that headache for someone else to chime in.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:49 PM

i understand the tune part. but what do you guys think about nistune. vs. like a apexi s-a-f-c to adjust things? and if I change the entire fuel rail I could make it fit ive seen it done just want peoples option. I want it running right.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by P0tter7
i understand the tune part. but what do you guys think about nistune. vs. like a apexi s-a-f-c to adjust things? and if I change the entire fuel rail I could make it fit ive seen it done just want peoples option. I want it running right.
I call bs on changing the fuel rail and making it fit.
The lower manifold would need heavily modified or swapped out, but if you swapped it out the UIM won't match the ports.
Good luck with that.

And Nistune FTW.

Edit: 52 psi?!
43-44psi should be all you need.

Last edited by Fakie J Farkerton; 11-25-2015 at 10:20 PM.